Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend, it was nice but not great. The exterior could definitely use some work, and the room wasn't as clean as I would have hoped. There were dead ticks and spiders on the floor, and beer bottle caps in the pull-out couch. Every time I went on the balcony I literally had 20-30 ticks flying around and trying to land on me, I did not even know ticks flew. I stayed for a few days, the first couple of nights I slept great. After that, the housekeeper(s) would randomly open the door in the morning. The only reason I knew it was the housekeeper was because when I went to unlock the chain on the door she asked if we needed towels. She did not announce herself as a part of the hotel staff at all, it made me rather uncomfortable. It is not a good value for its price at all.

The only real plus about this hotel was its location. The mountains in which my room overlooked at night was very pretty...but that's about it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kimberly D
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hello Kimberly D,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at MountainLoft. We are pleased you enjoyed the location. However, we regret to learn your overall experience did not leave a positive impression. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide additional details or discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Loved the setting of the hotel, very nice and cozy. (Especially with the fireplace in the living room.) We arrived at night and it was a little difficult to find our room. Due to the different buildings not being numbered well. Not knowing what staircase to use, etc. Other than that, we had a great time. The front desk was very helpful, we got dinner show and aquarium tickets at a discounted rate through the hotel. Nice time!

Room Tip: Do not get basement level.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Britnegh M

Hello Britnegh M,

We are delighted you enjoyed a peaceful getaway at MountainLoft. We appreciate your comments regarding the resort setting and helpfulness of the Front Desk. We hope to welcome you back and share happiness on your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This resort is incredible. The rooms are amazing. Beds are amazingly comfortable. Everything you need is supplied and the staff is very accommodating. There were many people in the indoor pool even though its January. It must not have been "that cold." All of the furniture is very nice and comfortable and the kitchen is fully stocked with dishes and nice appliances. This resort STAYS booked. Completely satisfied and blown away!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Stephanie H

Hello Stephanie H,

Thank you for sharing this generous review of your stay at MountainLoft Resort. We are delighted you were so pleased with our accommodations and staff. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Were to start our room was very nice and we had a good time. The place needs a major face left and update. The staff was not all that friendly and that whole go to the next area to get your parking pass is so lame and stupid we either already have a time share or we already know thee whole spill. Also, the pool is awful. I would not call that an indoor pool it was freezing freezing cold. I got in for about 10 min and froze to death and to let my child swim longer I had to wear my winter coat, gloves, and a hat and still was freezing in the so called in door pool area..Please close it off from the outdoor pool or do not call it an indoor pool it was awful awful awful...When my child got out his skin was freezing cold and I only let him swim about 15min it was so cold and I should not let him swim that long.

Hello SWVAGirl,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at MountainLoft. We are pleased you had a good time and found the room very nice. We regret to learn your experience at the pool was not satisfactory. We hope to welcome you back for a return visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Looking for a place for a family retreat for 4 days over the New Year holiday. A family member was able to get this property as part of her timeshare. Thank goodness we didn't have to pay (much) for it. While I'm sure this was at one time a great property (20-30 years ago), it has gone downhill (no pun intended considering Mountain Loft Road).

The clubhouse is supposed to have an indoor/outdoor pool, whirlpool, workout facility, and family game room. The indoor whirlpool is broken (and looks like it's been that way for a while); the indoor area of the indoor/outdoor pool is cold due to having only plastic flaps separating it from the outside pool area (and the water is lukewarm); and the workout "facility" has 3 pieces of cardio equipment (and no free weights). Very disappointing!

During check-in, we had asked for two condos side-by-side but the best they could do was two different buildings that were 5 condos apart (quite a walk without coats and umbrellas). As far as the rooms were concerned (and this is for both condos), it felt like walking into a vacation condo from the 80's or 90's as far as decor, carpet, drapes, etc. It was old and needed replaced. All the TV sets were old, small (24") tube sets. Most of them had VCR/DVD combo players attached (which shows how old they were). Not a Blue Ray player or flat panel LCD in sight!

The bed mattresses were squeaky and uncomfortable. The bathrooms were dark, outdated, not exceptionally clean, and too small. The living room chairs and couches needed replaced (old, dirty, and without any springs left in the cushions).

Outside, there was peeling paint everywhere (especially on the green metal fencing) and large pieces of siding missing off buildings. Overall, I would NOT recommend this resort. There are a lot nicer places in and around Gatlinburg that are better maintained and have better amenities.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank BGSU80

Hello BGSU80,

Thank you for staying at MountainLoft Resort. We regret to learn our resort did not leave you with a more favorable impression. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and cleanliness. We welcome you to contact us if you would like to provide additional details or discuss your experience further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was our first stay as owners of Bluegreen. First, never become an owner. It's mostly lies and headaches. No one in my party had any complaints about this resort, mainly because I got us all nice rooms. The resort is up the mountain a bit and was nicer-looking than nearly all others I saw in Gatlinburg. The lobby was well-decorated for Christmas and so inviting. Overall, our stay was great and my family wants to come again.
Our first day, we were told the company wanted to tell us about all the updates and they just tried to upsell. I told a manager off about their lying and ludicrous business tactics and it felt great!
Here's a rundown of the rooms we were in:
Standard: Very basic with a small kitchen, no fireplace, no hot tub, like a very small apartment. I would NEVER stay in one of these, EVER. Go somewhere else. We had two connected to another room and neither were anything special.
Deluxe: We had three of these and two connected to a standard. Phase II was at the very top of the resort where you see in the main photo. It was really fun to be there and the view was incredible! All had a hot tub and fireplace but not all kitchens were that big. Phase II (newer) deluxe room was really nice with a fancy entertainment system, bigger kitchen, and almost everything was nicer. Another couple we ran into said these Phase II are the nicest in the resort.
Townhouse: Ours was a two-story at the top of the hill. Very nice but lacked some of the luxury of the deluxe of Phase II. The bathroom and Master room was at the top and very spacious and pretty nice. You could watch a movie from the hot tub! Downstairs had twin beds, kitchen, and family room. Both floors had a deck with tables. So much room!
Try your hardest to get Phase II either a Deluxe or Townhome. Pay a bit more to get these rooms.
Overall, just rating the resort, a great place (despite unhappy front desk workers)! They know it's older but are improving it. I experienced every room type so contact me if you'd like to know more.

Room Tip: Do everything you can to get Phase II (newest and highest part of resort) with a Deluxe Room or Town...
5  Thank Raysters

Hello Raysters,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at MountainLoft Resort. We are happy you found our holiday decorations inviting and that you and your party were pleased with our accommodations. However, we regret to learn of your concerns with Bluegreen and the owner update presentation. We strive to educate our owners in the most pleasant and helpful manner possible. We would like to further discuss your particular concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Decently clean townhouse. We were told that a multi-million dollar facelift is in the near future (beginning 2014) for the entire resort. The resort was quiet and peaceful. Probably very beautiful during the spring.

Room Tip: Beware to not get a Phase I combined room. The doors do not go from room to room, but open to a comm...
3  Thank FoothillsC

Hello FoothillsC,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at MountainLoft. We are pleased you enjoyed the quiet and peaceful setting. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.