short review: Good for solo or 2 travels. Had a positive experience.
1. ROOM SIZE: ALL Microtels have small rooms. that's a given. So, yes I already knew the room was going to be small. If I was in europe the rooms still be considered normal size, but since its in the US of A it would be considered as "small". Since I'm a solo-traveler, the size didnt bother me. If you are traveling with a friend or spouse, get the 2 beds or the suite. it has a bit more space. Trust me on that!
--Flat screen Digital TV was a plus.
2. CLEANLINESS: Everything was clean, except for the stain on the chair. The white blankets and sheets were spotless. the towels were clean, everything was dusted off. A+ plus from the cleaning crew. I can hardly blame them from the stain on the chair. Its not the cleaning crew's fault some clumsy person spilled something on it.
3. BED: was soft and comfy.
4. BATHROOM: was clean. A+ Strong water pressure. Came with 2 long, 2 hand, & 2 washcloth towels,and 1 floor towel. bathroom only had two soaps, no shampoo or anything else. But it ok. i bring my own toiletries.
5. THE NOISE: Pretty quiet for me. I was in the 1st floor, and I didnt hear and loud thuds from the upstairs, or doors closing. I met one guest that had a dog too, it must have been a very quiet dog, because I didnt hear any barking either.
6. ELAVATOR: Was fine.
7. STAFF. The front desk clerks were polite and friendly, especially the early-night shift lady. I had to change my schedule last minute, and the staff were okay about giving my money back for that 1 extra day i didnt had to stay. I booked from their site, so i don't know if made it easier for them to get my money back or not.
8. SAFETY & LOCATION. It was in a nice location. just half a block away from the main strip, so it was close enough to walk the touristy stuff, but far enough that you dont have to be bothered by the noise from the streets. For you young guys and gals, its a good location that you can walk to the restaurants in the main street to go drinking at night, and stumble or crawl your way back to your room in the wee hours.
It's good to know that they close the main door at late nights, and would require staff to open the bolt for you. However, you can always go in the back door using your key cards.
9. PARKING - Free Parking was a plus. Covered parking is also a plus on winter nights, or very hot summers. keeps your car way from snow and/or the hot sun.
10. WIFI. - Fast enough for emails and web surfing and youtube viewing. but dont plan to watch netflix on them.
11. BREAKFAST - The breakfast room seems like it was mean as a get-in-get-out kind of breakfast. had 2 differnt kids of cold cerials, bagles, mini donuts, coffee, milk & 2 different juices. Perfect if you just want a pick-me-up. But if you plan a full breakfast, your better of going to the restaurants and waffle places that are within walking distance from the area.
11. OVERALL - I liked the Microtel inn in Gatlinburg. its pefect if you are on a budget, I would recommend it for solo, 2 travelers, or family with a small kid. If you have a teenager in the family, they are better of getting a different room.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn Gatlinburg Hotel Gatlinburg
- Microtel Hotel Gatlinburg
- Microtel Gatlinburg
- Gatlinburg Microtel