Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$132
$128
  • Pool
$99
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$194
$159
$149
$129
Hampton.com
$119
GardenInn.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$139
$116
$972
TripAdvisor
1,338 results
All reviewsspace needlewithin walking distancecovered parkingbed was comfortablethe main stripwould stay againconvenience
A TripAdvisor Member
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed March 20, 2005

My husband and I decided to go to Gatlinburg for a weekend with my sister and her boyfriend. We both have puppies, so we needed a place that is pet-friendly. We found this hotel. The price was acceptable, and it didn't seem so bad online. We get there and the clerk gives us a key to the first room next to the desk (which we weren't too pleased about). We walk in and the beds are not made, and it looks like someone else's things are in there. So he moves us up to the 2nd or 3rd floor. This room was cleaned up, but still lots of stains on the carpet and it was just small and dingy. At checkout, it took them about 30 minutes to figure out how to process our payment, and also to realize that we had already paid the pet deposit. I would never go here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GBurgMicrotel, Director of Marketing at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2006

I apologize for the stains on the carpet. I'm happy to say we've had all our carpet replaced since then.

Reviewed January 9, 2005

The word MICRO should have told me something!!!!! The room was way to small, the staff UNfriendly, and it was an act of congress to get in the place via the parking lot elevator!!!!!! I would not stay there again!

4  Thank bigorange1103

I apologize for your inconvinience! I urge everyone who considers our hotel to understand it is called "Microtel" because the rooms are smaller than your average single or double bed hotel rooms. They're about as big as a hospital room. We had many issues with our elevator in the past, but it is now fully functional and we haven't had any problems with it thus far.

Reviewed July 28, 2004

My husband and I decided to go to Gatlinburg on a whim for our anniversary (yeah, what were we thinking, right?) and found the Microtel to stay in. Perhaps we're used to travelling in third world countries, so our perspective is skewed, but it wasn't too bad. The front desk staff was so-so, the room was clean, but small, as are all Microtel rooms (hence the name, I guess). The bathroom was clean, but there were hairs all over the towels (clean, too, I assumed). If I had to do it again, I'd stay at one of my other favorite "dives" further up the street, but this was alright. If we'd planned ahead, we'd only have gotten the room for ten bucks less, so I don't feel too gypped, plus many of the other hotels were more expensive. I wouldn't stay here again, just because my other "dive hotel" is cheaper, not really because it was THAT horrible. I also couldn't figure out how to turn on the CC on the TV -- it had been disabled, I think (how lame.)

4  Thank Julianne D
Reviewed July 25, 2004

Run, don't walk from this place. We were given a key to a room with trash and an unmade bed. They did change our room, but at the desk was a line of guests with rooms that were not ready. As late as 6:30pm I heard people being turned away because they had no rooms ready. The hallways were hot and needed to be vacuumed. We checked out at 6:30AM and stood behind two other guests who had complaints. The clerk was alone and had no authority to address them. This place is across the street from a convention center, that had a craftsmans show going on. If a mostly empty parking lot tells you anthing, keep going.

3  Thank aardvark0886
A TripAdvisor Member
TECUMSEH, MI
Reviewed June 29, 2004

TERRIBLE HOTEL... we have stayed there 2 times before and it was good, but there is a new owner and we had no towels or toilet paper, we told housekeeping, but they acted like they couldn't speak english. the hallway and lobby was so hot that you were roasting by the time you got to your room. the room was so small you couldn't move. also waited 45 minutes to check out. the kid working was nowhere to be found. will never go there again...

• Stayed: June 2003