“Gatlinburg Stay”

Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Harrisburg
“Gatlinburg Stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The price was a very good deal considering the location and season. The only complaints were the cleanliness of the carpet and bathroom, the curtains were coming off the hangers over the windows and parking was not monitored/enforced. People with larger trucks were allowed to take up two parking spots and not made to move to more appropriate locations to sufficiently park. This is an ok place to stay if you are wanting a room for nothing else but for sleep and showers, this is not a place to relax or spend much time in. We did save money by staying here but did not rest well.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. We booked a suite for 4 adults. We had 1 queen bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed mattress sagged and the sofa couch was broken. We called hotel maintenance. They came and repaired,but still not comfortable. The housecleaning staff was terrible. We stayed from Wednesday,June 26th until June 29th. The cleaning staff did not vacuum the room until the 28th after a request to the front desk was made on the 27th. As far as the front desk staff, on the 27th, we spoke to the am front desk agent who was very rude after we stated a couple of things about our room by stating back to us very rude and curt by stating that if we didn't like it, we can go ahead and check out. It took us aback after she stated that because of all places that we travel and stay at, we had never had such unprofessional customer service. We will never stay here again!

Kokomo, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I decided on June 25th after we woke up were going to take a road trip. It was her Birthday and we were feeling spontaneous. After a 7 hour drive from Indiana to Pigeon Forge then to Gatlinburg we decided to pick something as cheap as possible. (have stayed in cheap hotels before and never ran into what I ran into here) We walked in at 2:00 am or so and needed a place to crash for the night. We ended up getting room 311 (horrible view) which I honestly did not care about view or emenities because we were just trying to get a few hours of sleep before our early departure. After walking into the room and smelling a stinch I looked further into what it could be. I am astounded at what I found. The bed literally grossed me out so bad I layed there twitching and squirming because I knew what I was laying in. There were literally 200 hairs all over the bed. All different colors and some I was 100 % sure was pubic hair!! Our pillows were covered in hair. If you pulled down the sheets and looked under them there were more hair and more hair. Ok I understand sometimes stuff happens and there will be a hair here and there but this was ridiculous! I had to take clothes out of my bag and lay a shirt over the pillow just to have somewhere to lay my head. The bed was horrible but the toilet was worse. There was dried urine in clumps all underneath the toilet seat and down the sides. There were dead bugs in corners etc. The alarm clock had a half inch of dust on it. The huge mirror in the room was so filthy you couldnt even look into the mirror. The tv wasnt even worth turning it on how nasty it was. Needless to say you would be insane to even risk not listening to this review!!! DO NOT STAY HERE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! Ive never complained or did a review in my life on a business but this was so bad that I had too. Right before checkout I left sticky notes all over the room saying clean this and windex me and stop using the same sheets for a week at a time. Its nasty PLEASE put new sheets and blankets on the bed. Have integrity and pride in what you do. Your in the business of Hospitality and customer service In a Tourist area at that. Location is the only reason yall are still open. Really shocked you havent been shut down yet honestly. The guy at the front desk was cool and nice but that was about it.. Hopefully he wasnt the General Manager because I would fire and restaff that whole Hotels staff and train the new employees the right way. All it takes is a couple extra minutes per room. Do everything right the first time and it will save you alot of time.. Ask your self, would I sleep here tonight? If yes then your one nasty filthy person. I was so shocked and upset because it was so late in the night I didnt have any other options and I only have 3 hours to sleep so I had no choice but to stay there and be miserable. I want my money back but I know thats a far reach from happening. They need it to pay someone who wants a job to do it right. Your not saving money by requesting your customers to reuse the same sheets. Your losing money because ppl think your nasty hotel isnt worth staying at. Look how vacant your hotel is in the middle of Gatlinburg and I know the reason.....DO YOU??!!??

I will never NEVER NEEEVER come back here and I will make sure I advertise this hotel every chance I get about the unrealistic conditions of this filthy nasty so called business of hospitality.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE!! YOU WILL REGRET IT. run while you still can its so nasty!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cody B
Marion
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here the first of the week and would recommend it...loves the closeness to the Parkway in Gatlinburg...Many have complained the rooms were small and they are correct...I did not have a problem with the size of the room...it was fine for the two of us and we would love to stay there again...the rooms were clean and everyone was so nice...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mid Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Not bad for the price. Convenient to the main drag of Gatlinburg. Quite small room, but clean. Free "continental" breakfast - not a lot of items, but sufficient. Parking was good. The only thing I didn't like was the bed - it was hard as a brick. Friendly personnel.

1 Thank Jama47
South Ogden, Utah, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is an old motel so you have to keep that in mind. That being said, the location is great. A walking distance to everything. (For everything else there are trolleys) The breakfast is alright. The rooms are old so they need to be repainted and have the carpets cleaned. But the staff was very friendly! The guy at the front desk made our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013