“Wouldn't recommend”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Wouldn't recommend”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

First, let me say, I booked this hotel w/o high expectations. You're not going to get much in the way of ammenities for $59 I night. We just needed the basics in a good location at an affordable rate. Basics are what we received. If that had been the end of the story, I'd have given a better score. The mattress in the pullout couch was stained with what appeared to be urine, blood and who else knows what. Fortunately, my oldest wanted to sleep in the window bed. My youngest slept on the couch (as the couch)with 2 layers of sheets under him. When i pulled the 2nd window cushion out of the will (we had a suite) to use in case my youngest fell off the couch, it too had a huge stain. We were also hard pressed to find any towels that weren't questionably stained.

This hotel served the purpose, but under NO circumstances will we stay again. We stayed in this hotel several years ago, so I was very disappointed. We wouldn't have stated this trip except they already charged my card for our entire stay. That's not something I'm accustomed to a hotel doing.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Pikeville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent location! Our room was clean but the hotel in itself is a little out-dated! Don't plan on a huge spread for breakfast, their was not much to choose from. The price was very reasonable. It wasn't the nicest hotel we have stayed in but we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Union Grove
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel and will be staying there again when I bring my husband and kids back to Gatlinburg. Great location and wonderful people working there. Very accomadating and even made sure to call me back and let me know they did not find my phone and they were sorry I lost it when I called shortly after my mother and I left there. We ended up finding it in the trunk of my car packed with other things but it was so nice of them to call and let us know. Also gave us extra pillows and blankets without any fuss during our stay. We will be back. :D The people working at the front desk were great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family