“Not bad at all”

Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Clyde, North Carolina
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was surprised when I walked into my room.. very impressed. Now keep in mind it is a Microtel not Mega Motel. But the room was perfect. Looked clean,felt clean. Had a nice smell to it. It was so nice to check into a non smoking room and not smell smoke on the floor or in your room. The staff was very friendlily and helpful. There was a crowd there due to a Jewelry expo at the convention center but the staff still had time to be polite and courteous. Its within easy walking distance to downtown but far enough away to get you out of the crowd when you need some down time to rest. I will be back. In fact I'm about to make reservations for this weekend. I will be taking my granddaughter to Dollywood and she loves downtown Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: If you like a view of downtown... Space Needle and chairlift... get a even number on the 2nd or 3rd...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank funinthesun28721

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Palmyra, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great rates, rooms were small but nice and clean, location is very close to all attractions and restaurants, breakfast needs more variety and choices, right next door to convention center, front desk staff very helpful and friendly

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian W
Clearwater
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The only thing good about this hotel is location. It is not very clean and smells like pets inside. Stayed there and the elevator down to parking smelled like a dog had releived itself. Also, there really is no breakfast just a few old bagels and cheap doughnuts. When I got home i foiund out they charged me for an extra night and they have no intentions on resolving the issue. There is many hotels in Gatlinburg, do yourself a favor pick another one.

Room Tip: Not this hotel
2 Thank bucu2027
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We wanted to spend a lot of time with our friends there who were camping out in their RV and it was the perfect place to stay. Near the entrance of the Smokey Mountain Park , clean enough but most of all it was a time we couldn't spend a lot of money. Our room was well cleaned each day. Was a lot of noise from motorcyclers coming in late a night but nothing we could,t deal with for the price.Would stay again for goo price as motels in Gatlinburg run higher than those in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fish55130
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Having stayed with the chain in a different city before, I knew what I was getting when I booked a room at the Gatlinburg Microtel: A (very) small room at an affordable price, with no frills. That's exactly what I got.

We arrived after midnight, and the desk clerk was very friendly and gave us all the information we needed. Pleasant experience there.

Upon arriving in Room 106, it was a bit musty. That was fixed by turning on the A/C. It seemed as if the unit had been off for a few days. The humidity in the room, however, didn't subside overnight. The air was still a bit damp when we woke up, but wasn't terrible.

I noticed a couple of faint stains on the bedsheet. They weren't bad, and looked as if the sheets had been through a few washes since the stains were left, but they was noticeable. The wireless internet was slower than I would've liked it to be, but it worked (and it was free). The TV got around 60 channels or so, so that was nice. We did have a couple of gnats flying around the room.

In the bathroom, the shower had a drainage issue. After a five-minute shower, I was standing ankle-deep in water. Also, the hotel failed to provide us with any shampoo/conditioner. Good thing I brought my own. Towels were limited, too.

I didn't take advantage of the free continental breakfast (I only had coffee), because the Log Cabin Pancake House is a short walk up the street.

This hotel's best feature is its location. It sits directly across from the Gatlinburg Convention Center on Historic Nature Trail, and is a very short walk from the Parkway. Parking is free for guests.

Summed up: this hotel is exactly what you would expect, and you shouldn't expect much at all. The rooms are very small, but that's Microtel's gimmick, so I won't fault them for that. It certainly wasn't uncomfortable, but it could feel cramped. Fortunately, my wife and I recently spent a week on a cruise, and this room was slightly larger than our stateroom on the ship--and we were only staying at Microtel long enough to sleep one night--so we were fine with it.

If you're going to be spending one night in Gatlinburg, go for it. If you're going to be there longer, pass on the Microtel and get yourself something nicer and larger.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zpb52
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I'll start off with the good...budget friendly, clean, decent continental breakfast, friendly staff. The bad...room smelled moldy, dingy furniture, thin walls and floors so everything can be heard, very small rooms, only one elevator to service all the floors, rooms very outdated. My family and I got this place on a whim for just a one night stay because our usual Holiday Inn Express was booked, and for us one night was tolerable at best. Probably won't be staying here again if it can be helped, but if you are not very picky and you don't mind ruffing it (in the hotel since) then this place would be great!

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor for less noise
2 Thank aschreader
Lexington
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Nice hotel, clean and close to the main strip! Stayed in the 2 room suite which was really nice 2 bathrooms and 2tvs which was a plus so our son could watch tv too.....No pool but plenty of things to do though....Would stay again! 3 nights for about $180 in August!!

2 Thank Christopher K