“A little worn, but very roomy, clean, and pet friendly”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg
Ranked #60 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 11, 2011

For the price of $55 per night we got a "suite" which is basically 2 regular rooms. One room was a living room with a pull out bed and the other was your typical hotel room with a queen bed and dresser. Both rooms had nice window seats. Since it was 2 rooms combined we got 2 bathrooms which was awesome for us. The rooms themselves were nice enough but the bathrooms did need updating and the door between our living area and bedroom was split as if it had been kicked in. All of that aside though the room was clean and it is just off the main strip and within walking distance to everything. The only true negatives we had about this was that for a pet friendly hotel they had NO pet area or grass on their grounds at all. Also, the staff is friendly if you talk to them first, but they sure were not going to look up and greet you as you came and went. I think a little customer service training is in order. We did have a nice trip and yes we would stay here again.

1  Thank D F
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I would not stay here again. I looked online and this hotel had mixed reviews so I thought I would give it a chance. Trust me you get what you pay for with this place. The carpet was dirty and stained and my room (201) even had a burned place in the carpet from where someone place a hot iron down on the carpet. Some of the light bulbs were burned out. And forget about the breakfast and coffee in the morning the breakfast room is so small only a handful of people can fit in there and they only had small dougnuts instant oatmeal, and small muffins. This place is old and run down, don't be fooled by the pictures. Also if you have any doubt about my review just go and ask to look at a room before you pay for the night.

1  Thank cwalkerm20
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We booked here for a 2 day visit following a wedding. It's a block off the Parkway, so street noise was not an issue. The parking was a little tight, but the place wasn't crowded, so we were not worried about our car getting dinged. The desk attendant was very nice considering our reservation had a glitch and was not showing up. He had to call their headquarters with my confirmation number to see what was going on. While on hold he stated that he would give us a discount because I had to wait. My wait was only 10 minutes- the discount was a nice gesture. We were given the room next to the office and were worried about noise from folks checking in, but we really didn't notice any while there. The room was basic and a little crowded for two queen size beds, but honestly, we didn't spend much time in there because of all the sightseeing we did. It fit our needs for those two days. We had adequate space for our things and the window seat was a nice place for our daughter to sit and play. It had a mini fridge for our sodas and snacks and there was no extra charge for the fridge. The room and bathroom were clean. Not immaculate, but cleaner than most. New linens on the beds. It's close enough to leave our car parked the whole time and walk to everything in town.
My only two gripes:
-We were given a handicap accessible room (not requested) which had only a shower, no tub. It's tough to bathe a squirming little kid in a shower stall. But we managed and will ask ahead of time at check-in.
-The first morning we were there, the fire alarm went off. I grabbed our little one, my purse and shoes and ran out the door (poor hubby was in the shower!). When I got out in the hall, I realized the manager was showing a new clerk how to ring the fire alarm. Why would you do that at 9am and why would you not warn the guests first?! I was standing there panting from fright and nothing was said. Up and down the hall, folks were standing around or peeking out their doors to see what was wrong. No explanation from the desk--then everyone wandered back to their rooms. Very odd! But at least we know it works! LOL
The place fit our needs and our budget-we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Beachgirl447
Reviewed July 24, 2011

THis place is advertised on Priceline.com as brand new complex. This is an old motel taken over by the Microtel name. The room we was horrible. Smelled of smoke, the furnishing and bedding was worse then buying from a junk sale. There was no Breakfast buffet. only 2 cereals, orange juice and coffee. PRice line should be ashamed and the owners should be ashamed of taking people's money . DO not stay and could NOT get our money back. . Amost RUINED our trip!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here !!!! Nasty, Filthy and Disgusting!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lovetotravel19790519
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Hotel is older but very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful.Great location. Although the rating is low I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a decent room at a great value. I say this from being well traveled.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Room was small but clean, bed was comfortable. Staff was nice and helpful. Walking distance to shopping and dining. Great location. Value: Excellant

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is decent as far as location goes. Very close to the main road. However, the hotel is very run down and dirty. Cleaning staff is very rude. Rooms are not clean and carpet is filthy. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple