“Bad Experience”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gatlinburg
Ranked #64 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is decent as far as location goes. Very close to the main road. However, the hotel is very run down and dirty. Cleaning staff is very rude. Rooms are not clean and carpet is filthy. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed July 9, 2011

We booked a queen/sleeper sofa suite, but when we walked in a really odd smell overwhelmed us. We told the desk clerk and she wasn't really concerned. Later that evening, my sister removed her shoes and noticed the carpet was wet. It looked like toilet or tub water had overflowed from the bathroom out in the sleeper sofa part of the adjoined rooms and was soaked into the carpet, resulting in this odor. It was so late we went ahead to bed but the sofa sleeper was extremely uncomfortable, had a nasty stain of the arm of it, and the queen bed was hard as a rock. Neither of us slept well at all. The next morning we checked out early and moved to the Best Western Twin Islands. Very happy here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Profkim65
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We made reservations online got there and was charged the wrong amount showed them the reservation email so they honored it until I got home checked my bank account to find out they had charged me an additional 23.77 after checking out that morning without notification of additional money due. The hotel itself is in a great location and allowed pets which is why i booked there but the hotel is lacking, the rooms are not very nice or clean, the elevator smelled so bad it was hard to ride in, you could hear every person or activity that went on in the hallway. I would not stay there again and don't recommend anyone else stay there. Do a little more research lots of hotels saw many pets on the streets so there must be more hotels that will allow pets besides this one

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rrhysell2002
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I wasn't too happy with our stay. The main problem was the lack of internet. It was pouring down rain and there wasn't a lot to do. The room configuration makes it impossible for people in both beds to watch the tv. We had 4 laptops in the room. Someone said on Trip Advisor that they had good WIFI and it hooked up easliy. We had good service when we first got there and then it went out. Front desk didn't care. I quote " It is very good service, it's just hard to get on right now because too many people are using it." That was at 11:40 at night. In other words get up in the middle of the night and try to use the computer while everyone else is sleeping. We wanted to check our emails, check weather, check on local restaurant reviews, look at info on things in the area. We had little to no internet.

The room was small, but that was ok. The beds were not bad. The TV location was a problem. Viewing was a problem and it was difficult to get around it to go to the bathroom at night when it was dark.

The best thing about this hotel was the location . It's eay to walk to everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This hotel is a perfect base for a Gatlinburg getaway! Half a block from the main thoroughfare. Plenty of shopping and dining within easy walking distance. The parking is free, which is a nice treat for downtown Gatlinburg. The rooms are small, but that is expected with a Microtel. I enjoyed my stay so much I reserved a second trip before I left!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We arrived late( after 10:30 pm) in Gatlinburg and just needed a place to sleep until we could check into our main hotel( the Park Vista, also reviewed) the next day. We didn't want to spend a small fortune to do this, so $39.99 sounded like a deal. First off, the lady working that evening could'nt have been any nicer. She even knew my name and was expecting us. The room was small, but as my title says, it's called Microtel and not megatel for a reason. The room was very clean and had no funky motel smell that would make you wonder what they are trying to cover up. Free wi fi hooked right up with no problem on my iPad. Slept soundly through the night and off we went. The location of this motel is very convenient to downtown Gatlinburg, so once you park the car, it can just stay parked. Not a luxury motel by far, but for a cheap place to sleep for the night, it can't be beat.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vettex81
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Microtel Inn Gatlinburg is a decent hotel for the price. I am used to staying in a Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott type of hotel, so upon booking this hotel for $40 on a Saturday night I immediately readjusted my expectations. Upon check-in, the man at the front desk was friendly and check-in was quick. His attire (not professional or uniform) took me off guard, but I got over it quickly. Our room (324) was clean. It looked just like the pictures on the website. There were a few signs of wear on the room, such as snagged carpet and a rough looking sink, but all of the bathroom facilities worked just fine. Towels were clean, but not plush and soft. Pillows were very flat, so bring your own if you don't like that. Room was tiny, but 32" flat screen TV was a nice perk! The best thing about this hotel is the location...you really can't beat it for the price! We did not have any disruptions from barking dogs or noise at night. We would stay again, knowing that this isn't any type of luxury accommodation, but rather a budget hotel that we don't plan on spending much time in anyway. If you are the type of person to spend a lot of time in your hotel room, then this might not be the place for you. Breakfast was fine for free - bagels, mini muffins, cereal, orange juice, coffee.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple