“I would rate this a 0 if I could - Customer Service is HORRIBLE!”

LeConte View Motor Lodge
Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My friend and her daughter were staying in this hotel for one night. Our dance team was attending a competition at the convention center across the street. My friend ended up being taken by EMS to UT Medical Center (around 8:00 pm) because she was having stroke symptoms. When I took her daughter to the hotel to check her out and get their things, I asked the person at the desk if they would be willing to refund their money since they would not be staying in the room that night. The lady told me that if they had known that they would not be staying in the room, they could have booked it because they were sold out that night. I responded by telling her that they could not have given notice for this. She said that it was their policy that once you were checked in and they could no longer book the room, they could not refund money. I told her we had proof that my friend was at the hospital and told her that "sometimes there are more important things than money." The lady once again commented that she could have booked the room if they had known in advance and that they could not give a refund. She would not even guarantee that my friend's car would be fine to stay in their parking lot until they could come back and get it!!!
Later, I found out that this woman is the owner of the facility!!! She never even showed concern for my hospitalized friend during our conversation. Never asked if there was anything they could help with. But, she made it VERY CLEAR that she would NOT refund their money! What kind of customer service is this? Several members of our dance team have stayed at this motor lodge for this dance competition for the last few years (only because it is so close to the convention center). When the other moms found out how this lady responded to an emergency situation, they told me that from their experience, she is not a friendly person and were appauled by such a response. Very sad!! If you want to experience southern hospitality, DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Melinda T
There are newer reviews for LeConte View Motor Lodge

Reviewed February 11, 2012

My first time to Gatlinburg and found the LeConte View accross the street from the Convention Center, which is where I attended a scouting event. The found the room (#133) is large and I had two comfortable queen beds and the carpet appears newer than the rest of the room. The furniture has aged and showing a little wear -- chips on the wood finish is visible from across the room. The small round toilets did not quite fit my 6’3” build. The tub at the tile edge had considerable amount of black mold (approximately two feet (sum of spots) of the black stuff), which it appears it had set-into the latex caulk. The bath sink caulk (around the sink) appears as a nine year old applied the latex line and can see finger smudges. My wife would certainly would write-off this location when we travel to Gatlinburg. One star -- in my book for now. I feel the Lodge has great potential once the cosmetics are corrected.

Room Tip: Ask if the restroom area -- is spotless as we all would expect.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Don M
Reviewed January 21, 2012

It's a quick fix for cheaper lodging for one or two nights, but if you are looking for comfort don't stay here. If you are looking for somebody to treat you nice especially after using this same run down nasty motel for years, don't stay here again. The management is going down and the service sucks. For the last three years we've stayed there we stayed in bldg C and it's beginning to smell like bldg B and C smelled 4 years ago. They need to condemn it and move away for a high rise nice condominium. The center of Gatlinburg is dying out because of their sore eye...oh and there is no wifi at all! And the indoor pool is just as nasty and unfit as the outdoor pool. Save your money for a real vacation with real nice people, don't stay here or expect service!

Room Tip: don't!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank l b
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were a little hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews. We wanted a room with a wood burning fireplace and the manager let us check out the room before checking in. I am so glad that we stayed here. The room was super clean, we had a king size bed (one of the best that I have ever slept on). This is really a great place and is located in one of the best areas of town. We arrived on a thursday afternoon and snow had been predicted. We opened up our curtains to a beautiful view of the mtns. About 9 P.M., the snow came in (see photos). It was a winter wonderland. The lodge has a free continental breakfast, nothing to brag about, but it did have a very good selection of cereal, pastery, fruit, drinks etc. We had breakfast there the first morning to give the snow some time to melt before venturing out. We were treated very nice by the staff, we ask for and extra pillow and they brought 3. They supplied plenty of kindling and wood for the fireplace. The rates here are very reasonable. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Near the office, room 228
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My mother, cousin and I were looking for a room near everything, we got it. The hotel has a new building and some older buildings, we were in the older side which worked great for us. Our room was clean and had a nice fireplace. We had great beds that slept like a dream. Overall it was a nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. This time we were not satisfied. The paint was peeling off the walls. The hotel is aging and they were doing nothing to update it. The staff was rude when we asked for extra pillows since the one pillow we had could barely be called a pillow. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a great view of the mountains and the city. The view is amazing but not worth the money in the shape the hotel is in.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly larger. Higher floor have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alatham2012
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our favorite motel is closing 12-2011 so we chose to stay here to try it out. I would say it is clean & affordable. We did find out that the C building is the "newest" building, which is where we stayed with 2 teens. The 2 queen room is LARGE and clean. Comes w/ a hairdryer, ironing borad and fridge. You can request a microwave, which we did and got put in our room. They have an indoor pool/spa which was clean and we loved being available since we were there for Thanksgiving, they do offer an outdoor one as well in sumer months. They provide a continental breakfast of typical muffins, pastry, oatmeal, juice and coffee. The location is great on the parkway direct across from the Convention Center. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful! The only complaint I had is WI-fi was horrible, it was slower than dial up and constantly was kicked off. I did talk to the front desk who called the provider but it didn't get better. We will stay here again for sure, as Gatlinburg is a family favorite destination!

Room Tip: Make sure if possible you get in the C building! It is the "newest" and the rooms are LAR...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family