“Very Nice Place to Stay”

LeConte View Motor Lodge
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were a little hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews. We wanted a room with a wood burning fireplace and the manager let us check out the room before checking in. I am so glad that we stayed here. The room was super clean, we had a king size bed (one of the best that I have ever slept on). This is really a great place and is located in one of the best areas of town. We arrived on a thursday afternoon and snow had been predicted. We opened up our curtains to a beautiful view of the mtns. About 9 P.M., the snow came in (see photos). It was a winter wonderland. The lodge has a free continental breakfast, nothing to brag about, but it did have a very good selection of cereal, pastery, fruit, drinks etc. We had breakfast there the first morning to give the snow some time to melt before venturing out. We were treated very nice by the staff, we ask for and extra pillow and they brought 3. They supplied plenty of kindling and wood for the fireplace. The rates here are very reasonable. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Near the office, room 228
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My mother, cousin and I were looking for a room near everything, we got it. The hotel has a new building and some older buildings, we were in the older side which worked great for us. Our room was clean and had a nice fireplace. We had great beds that slept like a dream. Overall it was a nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. This time we were not satisfied. The paint was peeling off the walls. The hotel is aging and they were doing nothing to update it. The staff was rude when we asked for extra pillows since the one pillow we had could barely be called a pillow. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a great view of the mountains and the city. The view is amazing but not worth the money in the shape the hotel is in.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are slightly larger. Higher floor have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alatham2012
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our favorite motel is closing 12-2011 so we chose to stay here to try it out. I would say it is clean & affordable. We did find out that the C building is the "newest" building, which is where we stayed with 2 teens. The 2 queen room is LARGE and clean. Comes w/ a hairdryer, ironing borad and fridge. You can request a microwave, which we did and got put in our room. They have an indoor pool/spa which was clean and we loved being available since we were there for Thanksgiving, they do offer an outdoor one as well in sumer months. They provide a continental breakfast of typical muffins, pastry, oatmeal, juice and coffee. The location is great on the parkway direct across from the Convention Center. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly and helpful! The only complaint I had is WI-fi was horrible, it was slower than dial up and constantly was kicked off. I did talk to the front desk who called the provider but it didn't get better. We will stay here again for sure, as Gatlinburg is a family favorite destination!

Room Tip: Make sure if possible you get in the C building! It is the "newest" and the rooms are LAR...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank msditty
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I didn't actually stay here, but I stopped in the office to speak with the desk clerk about staying in Gatlinburg next year as opposed to staying in Pigeon Forge as I always have. Desk clerk provided us with a room key to go check out the room. I'm not going to elaborate much, but I will say I won't be staying there next year- guess I'll keep on looking.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank iloveg
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We came up for a quick weekend getaway to see the leaves and wanted to stay on the strip. We knew that check-in was later in the day, but decided to stop by and see if we would be allowed to go ahead and park so we could walk the strip. (The parking fees are horrible.) I was so surprised, not only would they let us park but our room just happened to be ready early. It is VERY dated. but it is clean. The beds are very comfortable and sleep well. This was our first time staying here and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous. I was afraid with it being so old it would be, well...nasty. Much to my relief, it was nothing like that. (I tend to be a hotel snob with cleanliness and such.) There are no amenities (no microwave, hair dryer, ironing board...not even shampoo). So plan ahead for that. They do oddly enough give you a fridge and soap. It met our needs, a good place to sleep. We would stay again for a short stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the B or C buildings. C is newest and has private balconies, but a little more money.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Me and my family have been staying at the LeConte view for going on 20 years now. But in the past 5 or so years, we've been staying in some of the more recent motels in Gatlinburg. The one and only complaint I have about the LeConte view is how dated the rooms are. The rooms overall are quite comfortable, but the bathrooms are very close to horrible. If you do decide to stay, make you sure get a room in the very back building. The balcony views in the middle of the building are to DIE for. The location is in a prime location. Only 2 out of the 3 buildings have balcony rooms, but the rear building has the only worthwhile ones. The staff is always friendly, we've never had a single problem with them. The breakfeast isnt anything to rave about, there isnt anything much to choose from. There is an ice machine and multiple vending machines on every floor. The outside pool has been closed for the past couple years i believe, but the indoor pool is as good as new, its nice and big with a hot tub on the side. Overall i give this motel a very good rating. If only the rooms could get a small update with the furniture. 9/10 stars.

Room Tip: Rear building, Floor 3-5 in the middle.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family