“Excellent Fly Fishing Experience”

Smoky Mountain Angler
Ranked #16 of 137 Shopping in Gatlinburg
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend two days with guide Brad Atwell from Smoky Mountain Anglers to fly fish for trout in and around the Smoky Mountains National Park. Some of the wading was difficult, some was not. The streams were crystal clear and the surroundings were beautiful. Brad was very knowledgeable of the area and of the streams - an excellent guide. I successfully caught fish - some very nice fish. The fly shop was very well equipped and the people working there most friendly. I certainly plan to do this again.

1  Thank KFGSR

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the only game intown since the NOC stopped selling fishing gear. Orvis over in Pigeon Forge is very good, but a 30 minute drive.

I am just thankful this shop is run by good people who want repeat business and loyal customers! They always have good advice about the National Park, they have excellent gear for purchase, and they have guide services too.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

when walking in was greeted pleasantly, helpful & friendly, my only issue was that the fishing license was not included in the quoted amount, an extra $8.00 per person for the DAY. Our guide Brad was awesome "dang man" he took us to the best BBQ in Tennessee, a little blue & white house on 321N in front of the Salt & Pepper Museum, second best beef brisket to my own & good sauce. Brad explained water hight, movement & how to use all the gear properly. Great guys don't forget the tip, Brad is worth it.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This was a great experience. We arrived at the shop and were then fitted with our boots and waders. We climbed into the vehicle with our guide and we were off! Our guide drove us into the National Park and tailored our trip to our abilities of walking, climbing, hiking etc. We fished in several locations in the river and caught around 10 fish. The guide was very patient with us as neither one of us have ever been trout fishing. My recommendation is be prepared to climb, and hike. Bring sunscreen and something like a plastic bag to protect your phone or camera.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited Smoky Mountain Anglers on our visit to the National Park as my son is an avid fisherman. The employees were super friendly, knowledgeable and had tremendous fly fishing expertise. Highly recommended for visitors fishing in the Smokies!

1  Thank bluzee