“Excellent food...but”

Edgewater Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 205 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 30, 2010

the food was excellent but the atmosphere is a little bit over decorated

Reviewed February 11, 2010

We found this place wandering around and stopped in for just a drink and ended up having SEVERAL...haha. They had a really nice free nacho buffet out for the Superbowl. We enjoyed the bartender Lloyd he makes a great drink and is super nice and fun to talk to. Thanks and Cheers!

Reviewed May 3, 2009

After a long day of walking around Gatlinburg, this was a good choice for dinner. The food is good and the staff is friendly. We stayed at the Edgewater and ate here just the one evening. I was happy that both my children found items they enjoyed and that the food arrived quickly. We will eat and stay here again.

Reviewed April 13, 2009

We had lunch there one evening. All our meals were good. My kids had burgers and fries, I had chicken strip salad, and my husband had the spaghetti. My husband even stopped by during the night and ordered food to take to our room. The staff there were very friendly. They have a great view from the resturant.

1  Thank bkphipps4
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Take time to eat at The Edgewater Hotel. It has a wonderful restaurant overlooking a stream/river. Cut over to the back road in Gatlinburg (the one that runs behind the Bearskin Lodge to the Aquarium) thru the SmokyLand Hotel. Take the parking garage elevator up to the third floor and the restaurant is on your right. They have real cloth napkins and heavy silverware, but the prices are comparable to everywhere else in town (if not cheaper) and the surroundings are comfortable, not stuffy.

They had numerous tables along the side of the window to look out. You could see the mountains and the river from there. It was nice to have an inside view because there was no chance of weather spoiling your eating time.

The hosts, bellboy, and server seemed to be brothers. All young boys, early teens, nicely dressed in black pants and long sleeved white shirts. They were extremely polite and reminded me that there are restaurants left in the world with polite people!

The menu had a lot of Italian items but also hamburgers, sandwiches, and salads. We were given garlic bread immediately upon being seated. They serve Coke products and have very good sweet tea. My son and I shared a calzone, $7.99. I cannot tell you how big it was! It came out on a platter like you would serve a turkey on for holidays! It was tall and just plain huge! My teen son and I both ate all we wanted and we took at least half of it back to the hotel as leftovers! A calzone would easily feed four people. My husband got lasagna, which he said was better than Olive Garden’s. He also brought about half of his food home. His food came with a house salad. Again the service and the views make this restaurant someplace worth going to!! Like all inside areas in Tennessee, the restaurant was non-smoking.