“Great fun and great view!”

Hogg's Upstairs Taverne
Ranked #85 of 196 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Rockmart, Georgia
“Great fun and great view!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Bartender was a hottie. Great location in the heart of Gatlinburg. Thumbs up for Tiff and Jess. Great company, great atmosphere. Check out the booty shakin' contest! Yum!

Visited December 2012

Lexington, Kentucky
“Worst bar ever”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I don't have high standards when it comes to bars, but this place went way below those low standards. We walked in and it wasn't very busy...there were about 6 or 7 people sitting around the bar, all seemed to have drinks. We took a seat at the bar and waited. And waited...and waited. Not once did the lady behind the bar say hi or she would be right with us or even make eye contact. We decided to move to a table near the window so we could people watch while we waited. My boyfriend went to the bar to get our drinks..he wanted a beer and I was going to get the signature "hillbilly hammer" even though I had no idea what was in it. I would have loved to have asked the bartender, but she wouldn't talk to me. He stood right in front of the lady for another 10-15 minutes. When she finally took his order, she started to make my drink, then stop, started pouring his beer, then stop and she went to the bathroom. He said she saw her wash her hands at least when she came back...but then she went and waited on another person and then went and chatted with her boyfriend before finally coming back to finish pouring my drink and his beer. Horrible. I drank my hillbilly hammer, which tasted like a mixture of peach snapps and whiskey, and he started on his large beer. I started to think it wasn't too bad since the beer was a nice size and my drink was kinda strong even if not really my thing, but then I realized that what I thought was condensation forming on the inside of his mug was actually just dirty scum! So gross! I've never seen something like that before...I've seen pieces of lettuce that has gotten stuck on a glass from a washing machine, but never have I seen actual scum formed on the inside of a beer glass. I could actually scratch my nail in it. Ugh! I have read on other reviews that they actually serve food here, but I could only imagine you would eat the food at this place is you were hoping to catch a fun case of e. coli. I stopped by the bathroom before heading back down to the street and there was a hole around the base of the toilet that I was pretty sure I was going to fall through. They tried to hide it with a rubber floor mat. So in the end, we had horrible service, horrible drinks and a horrible restroom.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank newsbug
Fostoria, Ohio, United States
“Never again”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The setting is ok but the staff here are rude. In all my life I have never been treated so poorly! I would never go here again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dan H
Milford, Ohio
“What a Joke”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

HORRIBLE service...........the bartender also happened to be the MANAGER and it took 1 hour for a hamburger to come and we had to physically walk up to the bar everytime to order a drink! I guess they think they are in Downtown Gatlinburg and they can do as they please. The "Bartender Manager" was also very short with us.........totally unacceptable. SORRY Honey.....but WE are the Customers.

1 Thank Scot L
Alabama
“Enjoyed sitting on the balcony.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The day we were there, it was a warm day. So we went there to get a cold beer. We drank our beer on the balcony. Which we enjoyed. It was nice to sit and rest a bit. Plus do a little people watching. As for the bar-it's just a bar. The ladies restroom was clean but in very bad shape. I was afraid the toilet was going to fall through the floor!!! In my opinion, I think this bar gets its business from the locals and tourist stop in because it's in the middle of town. With its location, it's a bar to go in to just sit a spell and have a drink.