“Quick and Good”

Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This restaurant is toward the end of the busy Gatlinburg strip, so even on a Friday night, it was not too crowded. We didn't have to wait in line for a table, and we got to sit right by the windows, which offered a pleasant view of the street. Our server was attentive, and polite. I ordered a premium pina colada, based on a picture I saw in the drink menu, and when it arrived, it looked nothing like the picture, and it tasted more like a bland vanilla shake than a pina colada. I sent it back, and it turned out they were out of the shredded coconut that was on the rim of the glass in the picture, and that had made the drink look so appealing to me. My server kindly took the drink off of my bill, and I ended up just drinking water. Aside from this minor disappointment, everything else was fine. I ordered fish and chips, and my son ordered chicken tenders. The food was good, and the portion sizes were excellent. My son likes spicy foods, so he was happy with the BBQ sauce that was on the chicken, and he also enjoyed trying the additional sauce that was on our table. When we were done, our server brought us a box for my son, and quickly took care of our bill.

1  Thank Skye9988
Jeff C, General Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

I'm so sorry we were out of coconut. We won't let that happen again. Thanks for letting us know.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We enjoyed a great meal here after a long hike. Travis was an excellent, attentive server! You will not be disappointed!

Thanks for dining with us. We appreciate you.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were served by different waiters, and both warned me concerning my order, so I could rethink and eventually re-decide. I like talking about the flavors with staff that knows the dishes and the beers! For the beer, I switched from the German style to the American Lager, because I was told the German style was quite bitter. But then, the waitress came along with tasting portions of both and let me decide - just great, the German turned out not to be too bitter...
The BBQ was good, esp. the rib and the pulled pork with their sauce. Tasted somehow different from the usual. The marinated sirloin was cooked to order and extremely tender, the olive oil didn't really come through, though.
Highly recommended, didn't expect the quality of food nor the top-notch service in Gatlinburg.

We are glad to hear that we could be of help. Thank you.

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there. I had the hickory smoke prime rib and the wife had the ribs. Both meaks were good and the portions were large. No room for desert. Service was both pleasant and quick.

Sounds delicious! Thanks for giving us a try!

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Just what we needed. Great food. Great beer. Great service from Josh, a true professional who sadly seem to be few and far between these days.

1  Thank Mattski69

Josh strikes again... for the 715th time! Thank you!