“Waste of money”

Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Ranked #23 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I took my wife to this restaurant while in town visiting and was expecting a pretty decent meal based off their 4 star rating but could not have been further from the truth. My wife and I both ordered the filet minion (all other steaks are marinated in olive oil, mustard and something else that sounded nasty) and thought that since we were ordering the most expensive steak that it would be good.. wrong. We both ordered the steaks medium well and when they came out, her steak was burnt black on the outside and dry on the inside. My steak was still bleeding like a fresh wound and had absolutely no flavor (not even sure how that is possible) and my wife's tasted like it was burned at the stake for witchcraft. I would have sent the food back but after tasting everything else on our plate, we realized that this was not going to get any better. Baked potatoes were dehydrated and you could tell that they were cooked in a microwave and then reheated a 2nd time in the microwave. French fries - oh wow - hard as a brick and had to be ripped apart like we were a wild pack of wolves. I am not a picky eater at all, but I can surely say that this is the worst meal I have ever had and hope that anyone thinking about going there reads this first so that they can avoid the disappointment and regret that I have experienced..

Write a ReviewReviews (3,129)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

One of our usual stops in Gatlinburg. It is the same company that owns the Brewhouse so expect similar menus and beverages. There is nothing really fancy about this place and it doesn't come cheap, but there is a lot of room, a comfortable feel to it, good parking, and your family can eat a big meal after a long day walking the street or hiking.

Tip: Order a giant beer. You will thank me later.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our first time at Calhoun's and it was very nice. We had the prime rib specials, steak and salads. The atmosphere was nice and the service was excellent. Very busy but that is to be expected in downtown Gatlinburg. Would eat here again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Me and my husband LOVE steak a lot. We're very hungry and just picked the first restaurant we can find a parking, but surprisingly the best steak we ate in Gatlinburg. Our steaks are perfectly cooked (medium well). Their bread was awesome, Our waitress was very very good, (Sorry I forgot her name) Very good experience, we will come back!!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We visit Gatlinburg often and each trip includes one or more meals at Calhoun's. The strip steak soaked in their locally brewed ale is terrific. Both the bar and the dining room offer comfortable dining, The service is ask ways top notch. This is real value for your dining dollar compared to other upper end restaurants in the area.