“Nice Dinner”

Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Ranked #20 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We enjoyed the ambiance of Calhoun's and we were lucky to sit by the warm fireplace as it was very chilly outside. We enjoyed our food, but husband's pork dinner was quite dry and he was unable to eat the meat, but did enjoy the sides. I had ribs and they were delicious. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,205)

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This place is delicious! We ate at the one in Knoxville and now this one and neither one disappointed. Wait staff was great too! I had the steak, potatoes and spinach. So great I couldn't leave any on the plate. Would come again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great and very friendly. The food was just average, not bad but wouldn't go again. The steak was medium rare not medium and hardly had any flavor.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Calhoun's is one of my favorite restaurants, so no surprise we like the ones in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Best barbecue around and great catfish, too!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

After spending much of the day driving and doing photography in the Great Smoky Mountains, we arrived back in Gatlinburg at 4:30pm and very, very hungry. The first restaurant we stopped at was not yet open, so we walked down the street looking for something inviting. The second place was under renovation. We crossed the street to Calhoun's and looked at their menu. OK, we decided. The doors open to a beautiful and lofty space. I was interested in trying Tennessee BBQ. We sat under a sign proclaiming that the restaurant serves the best ribs in the world. Could that be? Aimee, our server was extremely helpful. She answered our questions regarding the flavor of their cold slaw. Calhoun's is also a microbrewer and Aimee offered to provide me with a sampler. In a few moments she was back at the table with five glasses of many brewed there. They ranked from light to a more heavy ale. In the middle was a wheat beer. I tasted them and I preferred the Hellas and the wheat. Leaning toward the wheat beer, which really surprised me. All were very good. My wife ordered a serving of short ribs. Aimee recommend the BBQ brisket to me. I ordered the slaw and was intrigued by a side dish called Spinach Maria. My wife ordered fries and slaw as her sides. We also were served three different kinds of bread: a cornbread muffin, a biscuit (a farm biscuit like my grandmother made!), and a fresh roll. That the meal was delicious does not encompass the experience. I tried one of my wife's french fries after she remarked how good they were. Wow. Invariable, I have found that restaurants slide a bit on quality on some dishes. Calhoun's is consistently good. I have been to only one restaurant where every single aspect of the meal was consistently delicious. I eat out a lot and love food, love to cook. We finished up sharing a white macadamia nut banana pudding. Yum, yum! YUM! And the price for this delicious? My wife could not believe the bill. That other restaurant where I had such a great meal, that cost 4 times what we paid at Calhoun's. Wish we had one of these at home. They're not moving out of Tennessee. They do what they say. The food is as good as they can make it; making everything from scratch. Do yourself a favor. Eat at Calhoun's!