“Glass in my glass”

Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Ranked #26 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Four of us went in for the "best ribs in America", and honestly, those were fantastic. Unfortunately, my first sip of my tea I sucked up a sharp piece of broken glass. When I showed the Glass that I lucky caught before swallowing, she said "oh". She brought me a new glass but nothing else was done. The prices were a little unreasonable for the food overall.

Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am saddened to hear of this. I want to apologize for your bad experience. A glass shard is not something we take lightly, and had I been informed I could have better resolved the situation. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, however. If you have any other specifics about your visit you would like to share,please feel free to contact me at jchristian@calhouns.com.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We really enjoyed the food and the friendly service here. The prices were reasonable and the location was great. Would definitely return if we get the chance.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Gatlinburg for the Valentines week. On Valentines Day we decided to look for a good BBQ restaurant. We asked around, read the reviews, and were pointed to Calhoun's. my husband ordered the BBQ ribs and I ordered the pork chop. All of the BBQ are smoked and the pork chop was marinated in olive oil and spices. This is the best pork chop I have ever eaten; the chop was boneless, no fat on the edge, and was grilled perfectly which gave it a delicious taste. I love key lime pie and they make theirs homemade YUM! All and all this was a excellent restaurant with homemade food, great service, and a country ambiance for a reasonable cost. I lf we ever travel here again, we will eat at Calhoun's!

Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. I'm glad we could be a part of your special day!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Best ribs in Gatlinburg maybe, but I wouldn't say in America. I've had better elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, the ribs are good and the pulled pork and the baked beans. My wife also loved the cole slaw. The value was pretty good and the service was great. It's a good all-around eatery but not the best in America.

Thank you for dining with us. I'm glad everything was satisfactory. Come again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great ribs and other barbecue and excellently prepared sides. The service was friendly, personal and well timed. Great beers (although the Porter could have been a little heavier). Liked it so much we returned when we noticed a Happy Hour the next day and the wings and dips, service and beers were still super.

Great service, as well as our amazing food is what separates us from everyone else. Thank you for choosing us, please drop back by next time your up our way.