“Great BBQ”

Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Ranked #20 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Calhoun's is a local, fresh, casual dining establishment specializing in hickory smoked BBQ, hand-cut steaks and seafood, and fresh ground hamburgers. We offer something for every taste. We also have a kids menu, and free parking with receipt. Eat Local, Eat Good!
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a BBQ place and this fitted the bill perfectly. The food was excellent (we both had the Calhouns Trio), as was the hand crafted beer. The server was also really helpful and friendly.

Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, all the way from London! Next time your in the States be sure to drop by!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,198)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Calhoun’s of Gatlinburg is famously known for its BBQ ribs. Naturally, I had to order them. It was November, during the Smoky Mountain Gift Show, so the city was crowded, and Calhoun’s had about a 30 minute waiting list. We mulled around outside until our name was called. (About 15 minutes, not bad)

We were seated and a minute later our waiter came to our table and took our drink order and appetizer order. I went with a diet coke. A few minutes later, he took our main dinner order. Or course, I went with the famous BBQ spare ribs with a side of french fries. (I did what the sign outside said to order)

The service was incredible for a busy evening, my coke was refilled, and my ribs were delivered to my table in under 10 minutes.

As you can see, the ribs were plentiful, and this was the half order. The BBQ sauce was just spicy enough and the ribs, well, they were hot, tender, and juicy. The meat almost fell off the bone. The fries were good as well, but pretty much forgotten due to the taste of the ribs. And yes, the waiter brought plenty of napkins as they were needed.

The cost was $13 dollars for the half slab without tip. The price included fresh bread and rolls and one side which for me was the french fries. All in all, a great experience.

Thanks Patrick. We really appreciate your review. It sounds like you had just the experience we strive for!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very good Bar-B-Que Pork dinner. We also had the fish plate. Both meals were very good. The side of spinach Maria was outstanding although just a bit spicy.....a nice option from the usual french fries. The restaurant is very pleasant with a relaxed environment, and the prices were surprisingly affordable for the surroundings. This should definitely be on the "VISIT" list when in Gatlinburg. They also have nice Family Packs if you want to do take out.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us. Be sure to drop in next time your on this side of the mountain!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a must stop when visiting Gatlinburg. My wife and I stopped by to grab a quick bite and were impressed with the great food and friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great staff - great service - Sam (girl) was my server - she was the best! GREAT ribs very nice atmosphere.

Jeff C, Manager at Calhoun's Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to serve all of our guests. Sam was very pleased to hear from you! She really enjoys her job and we enjoy having her. Thank you so much.