“Fast and Great!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
“Fast and Great!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After the hotel staff recommending Papa Johns to us for a late dinner after we had just arrived to the hotel we decided why not. I called and they knew my Hotels number and automatically included the discount which I had no idea we were to receive anyways and then they told me of specials and were very nice when ordering. The food arrived very fast and was great! Way better than our local Papa Johns where we live. The delivery guy was really nice also!

• Visited August 2012

Athens
“Advertised discount not honored”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I write this terrible review because of the way I was treated as a customer.
The hotel recommended papa john's and said they would give us 33% discount off our order because we were staying there so I called and placed an order to be delivered. When it got there, the price seemed high so I asked the delivery guy did they take off 33%. He said no because I didn't say "give me the 33% discount" when I called. After some discussion, the driver walked outside & called his manager. The hotel front desk lady told me she would remove their menu's if he didn't give me the discount. He finally gave it to me after some arm twisting from me and the hotel front desk. Papa Johns will not be getting any more orders from me.

• Visited August 2012
Ann Abor, Mi
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The pizza was awful!! I tasted like a frozen one that has been heated up a few times. Ewwww. We left over half of it. We have Papa John's in Michigan and it has always been very good. Also, they have online that the price is $12.99 for 5 toppings, but when you call, they say it isn't available for that price. We paid $21 for a large with 3 toppings. Rip off.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Bad quality, slow delivery.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

As a Papa John's manager, I know how a pizza should look when it arrives to a customer. I didn't mind that the delivery driver was 20 minutes late. But I was incredibly disappointed with the product and quality of our order. The dough was thin, flat and uneven. The crust was dirty, one slice having no crust at all. I ordered a half and half, but the pineapple consumed 3/4's of the pizza. The sauce was incredibly light, almost non-existent on some pieces. Skimping on sauce so that the store can save $3 at the end of the night is beyond defensible. I also ordered double chicken, and there was barely enough to serve one serving. Our pizzas would have completely failed any pizza grade.

What I found most troublesome was the fact that our breadsticks were huge and over-sized. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that it suggests that XL dough was used instead of large. The only reason I can fathom is because the store's XL dough was about to expire and they were heavy...or worse, it had already expired. This calls into question the entire integrity of the product, who know what other at-risk ingredients were used? If they care so little about their product, do they show the same neglect to the inside of their store and production area?

I believe that Papa John's is the best pizza chain, and the worst Papa John's pizza is better than the best Domino's. But my experience with this store was incredibly disappointing. An exploitative price that exists because tourists might not know any better should be backed up by the highest quality. Avoid this store.

• Visited July 2012
Duncannon, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great pizza, a little bit long of a wait for delivery but knew exactly where we were with no directions given

Visited July 2012