“Healthy options”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Healthy options”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm on a special diet for 30 days to control my weight gain. Why did I start this program knowing I was coming to gatlinburg. It's tuff to eat healthy here...it's unhealthy carb city and tantalizing. My husband really wanted a good steak so we went there. I'm not a big steakhouse person and was very surprised that u could get a healthy meal with some tweaking. I ordered blackened salmon (without the butter sauce), steamed fresh vegetables (w/o butter) and a sweat potato with cinnamon (w/o butter). It was delicious. Late that night I came back for seconds for the same order but to go. The first service was awesome. The to go service was a little out of order. They had to find someone to put the order in and when I got home I realized that my salmon was not blackened. AWWWW! That was irritating, good but still not what I was expecting. If you stay at a hotel they might have a 10% coupon.

Tennessee
“Love the rolls and ribeye steak”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We walked past and honestly questioned if the place was even open. It was around 4:30 on a Saturday but appeared lifeless. We decided to open the door and sure enough...they were open. We were seated immediately.

I've been to many Texas Roadhouses but this was the 1st time I didn't get rolls at my table. We watched other people get seated and given a basket of rolls until we finally asked if we could have some too. This was disappointing since the rolls are one of my favorite things.

I always order the ribeye and I ask for it very well done. I can honestly say this location got it perfect! I had fries as my side and was amazed at the portion size. I think 4 adults could have shared the fries and been satisfied.

I ended up having to get a to-go box and our waiter gave us a to-go bag. Perhaps we just don't understand how that 1 box is supposed to be placed inside the bag. The bag seems awkward and impossible to carry 1 box in it. This was a pain to walk around Gatlinburg and fight the bag! They should design a separate bag for people who only have 1 to-go box.

I still have to give them 5 stars for cooking the steak perfectly and having those melt in your mouth rolls (even if I do have to beg for them).

Crossville, Tennessee
“Big Servings Do Not Necessarily Mean Good Food”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I went here because my girlfriend loves Texas Roadhouse. Good for her! I just don't seem to find what I really need. And the one thing I do like, the rolls...didn't come to our table until about the time the meal arrived. She gets the fried pickles and then the steak covered in cheese and steak fries. She liked hers. Being I like their salads some, I got the crispy chicken salad (and I ate her side of chili too, which was not too bad). The salad is huge, but it was kind of mushy? Slimy? Not sure how to explain it. But also, the chicken didn't seem to be right, as it has a mushy consistency, like when the breading or something is not completely cooked.

They really strive to give you these huge servings. I can respect that. But when you not that hungry, there is not a great option at the Roadhouse.

• Visited August 2014
Bessemer, Alabama
“Good good, service not so much”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten at numerous Roadhouses in several states. Food is usually consistent. What stood out about this one was the poor service. Had to go get our silverware & drink refills. It was as if our waitress disappeared. They weren't over crowded. Just poor service.

1 Thank dixiehdrider
Panama City, FL
“Food was decent service was average.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Since this is a national chain, I have visited many locations. We stopped in to grab a late dinner on our first night in Gatlinburg. The food was as expected. The salads were good and the steaks were decent. The bread was good as usual. Our server was very tired it seemed and had already had a long night. She seemed to forget we were there at times and the glasses did not always stay full. Other staff checked us once or twice during our visit so at least the rest of the staff helped pick up one who was behind.

The place was what one would expect from a Texas Roadhouse or a Logan's Roadhouse. That said, there are three other local places within 200' of this place that are as good or better. Maybe try the local places and save the chain for a last minute place to go.

• Visited August 2014