“Happiness found... Don't miss their wonderful coffees”

The Village Cafe & Creamery
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A Café and Creamery featuring specialty drinks - Hot & Cold / coffee / sodas. Hand Dipped Ice Cream, Milkshakes, Malts, Old Fashion Sodas, Fresh Baked Soft Pretzels, Pizza Nachos, Slushies, Smoothies, Floats, SnoCones, Affogato, Cappuccinos, Frappes and Lattes, Spiced Cider (seasonal).
Dayton, Ohio
“Happiness found... Don't miss their wonderful coffees”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I were enjoying a lazy weekend in March, and happened along the Village Cafe' and Creamery in The Village Shops, which was not easy to find (start at the Subway across from the Aquarium and keep walking that side of the street for about 500 feet; they are in the Village Crescent, nestled between the shops at the rear of the Village) WELL, WELL...What a pleasant surprise..! The cafe' was spotless, freshly remodeled and had a bright and cozy feel at the same time. There was hand-dipped ice cream to salivate over while watching them prepare our order. Old-time wrought iron chairs adorned the exterior and made a nice perch for sipping and pondering simple pleasures... The couple in charge of the place were SUPER NICE and the sugar-free cappuccino my girlfriend ordered was so delicious we STOPPED BACK to get a second one WITHIN A FEW SHORT HOURS..! On our second day, we returned to devour another cappuccino and Peanut Butter Frappe' (I know--outrageous, right..? Did I mention they make fresh whipped cream piped right into the top of the cup..?) Well, needless to say, right then and there we declared that it was our favorite spot in Gatlinburg. We returned on Monday just before we left town to see the couple, chat 'em up about their great shop, and have a couple more coffees no doubt. Dude even came out in the drizzling weather to take our photo..! Summary: Don't miss this wonderful café, gang...!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Doulgas W
Christopher-Angela, Owner at The Village Cafe & Creamery, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for the awsome review! We put in alot of Iong hours here, so I can't tell you enough how much it means to us when people like you visit us. Its was a pleasure talking with you all. We Look forward to seeing you again.

Sorrento, Florida
“Offered a Piping Hot Mocha on a Snowy Day”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for lunch, but the Mocha offered by this little ice cream shop was enough to get us through. Wish they had an inside table. The place is really small, but pristine clean and very friendly. Pricey...but that's Gatlinberg! Purity ice cream? Don't recognize the brand, but will try it sometime. A bit hard to find tucked in the back of the Villages shops.

1 Thank Cindy K
Christopher-Angela, Owner at The Village Cafe & Creamery, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate you visiting us here at The Village Cafe and Creamery. Hopefully the next time you are here ,we will have some seating up stairs. That is our goal anyway . Thanks for the compliment and hope to see you again!
Mars Hill, North Carolina
“Favorite New Spot”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I go to Gatlinburg several times throughout the year. We have been in The Village several times but have never stopped in there. Glad we did this time. The owners were very friendly and nice to my children. We actually got ice cream and a tiramusa latte right after we ate lunch because everything looked and smelled so good. I would recommend this place to anybody. We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank julius20
Christopher-Angela, Owner at The Village Cafe & Creamery, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are so glad that you and your family stopped in our shop! Its always a pleasure to speak with friendly customers. We make a point to treat people as we would want to be treated. Thank you and come again. :)
Blountville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place in Gatlinburg!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family and I go to Gatlinburg several times throughout the year. We always make a point to stop in and get a cappuccino. The new owners are very friendly and have done great things with the place. We were in there the day they opened it with the new remodel. It is much roomier and everything is set up in a way that you know what they have to offer as soon as you walk in. I always recommend this place to anybody I can because we love it so much.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jacki B
Christopher-Angela, Owner at The Village Cafe & Creamery, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for visiting us again and for the compliment! We put a lot of hard work into remodeling and so from a customers point of view, it is nice to know we achieved what we set out to do. Please come again....... :)
KY
“Best coffee in Gatlinburg, in the cutest spot in town”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I were in the Smokies the week of Valentines and decided to try this place based on the NEW reviews. We stopped in a year ago but were too overwhelmed with the cluttered look and menu, so we left without ordering anything. I read on here about the remodel and new owners so we were eager to try it out. We called first to see what their hours were in this off season and Christopher was as nice as he could be and caught my attention right away that this place was different.

We headed over there a couple hours later, hopeful for a good cup of coffee. We've been so disappointed with other places in town, that we now agree to buy just one cup of coffee, try it, and if it's good, we'll buy "my" cup. haha We are NOT big flavored-coffee fans and really just wanted a simple Americano like we get at Starbucks.

First of all, the place looks fantastic and so clean, simple, and welcoming. They did a fantastic job renovating. There's an easy to read menu posted, tubs of ice cream to choose from, and a big shiny HUGE espresso machine. They people mean business!

Christopher and Angela were as sweet and hospitable as they could be and we experimented with the Americano together (Christopher and us!), getting the right amount of espresso and hot water. He nailed it and we bought 2 cups!

I made a comment that the next time we'll have to try the house blend, and Christopher offered us "refills" of the house coffee when we were done with our Americanos. We found a sunny spot to sit by the fountain and enjoyed our Americanos and yummy blueberry scone (and eclair from the Donut Friar!) then went back to Christopher for the house blend. It was very good as well! (2 good cups of coffee in Gatlinburg?! Were we dreaming?) He even showed us the locally roasted coffee beans (mmmm!! ahhhh!!). He takes great pride in his coffee.

We do wish they had indoor seating upstairs like the Donut Friar since we usually visit in the winter but there is plenty of seating by the beautiful fountain in the Village.

We (also!) wish we had gone there sooner in the week so we could have gone a second time, but we had to head home. My husband will be visiting there again in just a couple of weeks with the kids and he can't wait to go back for some coffee from the Village Cafe.

I guess this seems rather gushy and lengthy for a coffee shop review, but when I like something, ....well, I get a little wordy. (I guess I could also mention we love the Village area. Adorable buildings, shops, great restrooms. In fact... it's about the only place we visit "in" Gatlinburg! It's classy cute and not junky touristy)

You're doing a great job Christopher and Angela! Cheers!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank picturemama
Christopher-Angela, Owner at The Village Cafe & Creamery, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Wow!!! You brought tears to my eyes! You don't know how much it means to my husband and myself to get good reviews and to know we made your day with a smile and a cup of coffee. We too were tourist once and like you, we also loved the village and meeting friendly people. We dropped everything to come to Gatlinburg to open a business. We put our hearts into everthing we do, so thank you and we look forward to seeing again! :)