“Negative turned positive ”

The Best Italian on the Parkway
Ranked #80 of 225 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was very busy when we arrived and were not even acknowledged to put in for seating. Our older waitress seemed flustered because of how busy it was but once we joked around she started to smile and relax and was wonderful. The pizza was AMAZING! The dinner rolls were just as good and the salads were fresh and great ranch dressing! Would definitely return!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate in the bar area. Garlic rolls were amazing. Service was excellent. Food was good. We appreciated our waitress and her friendliness. When we visited it was very hot and humid. We needed something to drink. Ended up buying meals too.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Way more than we could possibly eat - took home enough for at least one other meal! The mushroom appetizer was awesome, and the Long Island Iced Tea was perfection - just get the basic, it's definitely worth it! The veggie lasagna was just as delicious the next day. And the staff, even late on a slow night night, was upbeat and cheerful!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food is really good, try the garlic rolls. The stuffed shells are amazing if you like them. The service is a little slow but still well worth it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will start by saying I used to LOVE this restaurant - when I lived locally, I would eat here at least twice a month. It was one of my absolute favorites. Now, unfortunately, it seems that most of those involved in the restaurant- from the food, to the service, and the cleanliness - have all but abandoned ship. Our server was very off-hands and did not check on us much at all (and it was a slow night.) He seemed rather dismissive and even told us he didn’t want to seat us outside because it was too dark for him (I have never had that as an issue there before.)
The salad dressing was room temperature and just underwhelming - I feel like it used to be much better. One of our dishes was the Chicken Parm and it was obscenely overdone - a very dark color on the outside and the inside was dry.
I personally still enjoyed my dish that I always get - spaghetti with mushrooms - but again, it seemed much better the last time I had it. The portions are always very healthy so you won’t go hungry - but if the food is not up to par, you may not want all that they give you.

I have not had a negative experience like this here before and I really do hope that they can restore it to its former state because it really was some of the best italian food in the area - just not so much anymore.