“Great drinks and pretty good food”

The Best Italian on the Parkway
Ranked #62 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had the meatball sub. The meatballs melted in my mouth. Seasoned very we'll with the right amount of sauce. My husband had the ribeye steak sandwich. The steak could have been a little thicker. Not bad. Great place for drinks.

BestItalianParkway, Public Relations Manager at The Best Italian on the Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

WE were just in Gatlinburg for the day/night and as we were walking around town I saw their sign "Best Bloody Mary's in Town", so since I LOVE Bloody Mary's of course I had to stop in and get one. Well I was not disappointed, they were amazing!!!! So if your a Bloody Mary fan like me and want a really good one, stop in!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were seated immediately, however our waiter made us feel as if we should be taking care of him. We had to ask for drink refills and a portion of my meal did not come until I asked for it. Again, waiter could have been more attentive.
Food...Chicken Florentine was not fresh. Spinach was freezer burned, chicken tasted boiled, and the ham that was supposed to be prosciutto was not and was brown in color. Not a good visit! On the up side, there was plenty of food, however, we will not return.

1  Thank johnWilliams022

First let me apologize for your experience at our restaurant. We are making some changes to the staff and our menu items so we will be looking into your comments and making the appropriate changs. We hope that in the future you will give us another try.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Good food prices are fair since it is a tourist spot. They have some of the best garlic rolls around. Service was extremely slow tonight. They did give us a free kids meal for our daughter but we waited 45 minutes for our dinner and we were one of five families there at first, bit the food has always been good the interior needs an upgrade. It is dated and dingy bathrooms aren't dirty just old. We will continue to eat here it's one of my wife's favorites.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped in for dinner during our recent stay. The inside décor is similar to a diner, but the prices aren't. When looking at the menu, most of the pasta dishes are in the $15-20 range. We did not want to spend close to $50 for our quick dinner. We decided to split a calzone, which, I'm glad we did. The calzone ($11) was HUGE and it was delicious! We definitely got our fill and had enough left over for dinner the next night. The red sauce (for the topping) was fantastic, too. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful and service was efficient.

I would definitely go back for a calzone!