“Meh. Definitely had better.”

The Best Italian on the Parkway
Ranked #68 of 197 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Meh. Definitely had better.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was average. The portions were huge. My fiance and I shared a house salad and the vegetable ravioli. The ravioli had the potential to be really good, but they had overloaded it with probably an entire jar of sauce and a good quarter pound of cheese (I LOVE cheese and the amount on this made me gag, it was so thick and overwhelming) on top. If they had reduced the amount of sauce and cheese, it would have been a much classier and nicer dish. I wish I took a picture now! The garlic rolls could have been good but they were completely dry and cold on the inside. Seemed store-bought with a ton of garlic and butter and parmesan (from the green kraft bottle) smothered on top. Our waitress was nice but we waited forever for our drinks to be refilled (and it was a really slow time of day). The decor and such is pretty old. I bet if they gave half the portion and dropped the price accordingly, more people would be willing to eat the food and they could put the money into making the place feel a little less old-fashioned. It did not feel like you were eating in an italian restaurant. I felt like I was back in the early 90s, and not in a fun, nostalgic way. Not the best, probably the biggest food.

Visited September 2013

kingsport
“Good food, but filthy place.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The garlic knots and pizza are great. However, the building is filthy. The carpet was torn and stained, the place has a terrible smell, you practically have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. The bathroom was sauna hot, and smelled horrendous.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Very Good Pizza”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We thought the pizza was very good. We had the deluxe. Service was pretty good. Reasonably priced food.

Visited August 2013
columbus, ohio
“dinner for the family”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

the service was bad, the food was average at best the name is completely misleading. my kids ordered the pizza, the crust was spongy needed about another 5 minutes in the oven. my wife order spaghetti with Italian sausage the waitress that barely spoke English brought her clam sauce the acted shocked when told it was wrong even saying "really" like my wife was changing the order. I ordered the spaghetti with meatballs, the meatballs was soggy and not firm at all. on the plus side the portion were a good size.

“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Terrible food. Terrible service. Server couldn't understand english. Very pricey for what you got. Dated and dirty