“The best trail ride”

Smoky Mountain Riding Stables
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We try to have horse riding when we visit the states, this one was the best so far, my wife who is very nervous was assured by the woman at the cash till that if she felt nervous then she. Would refund money and only charge for the 1hour ride, As I had booked for the 2hr ride.
Our guide was Alan who was excellent and checking and talking to my wife during the 2hr trail.
This was more professional and better than the Arizona ride we had last year.
If you are in the area it is well worth a visit and worth the $60 per person for the 2hr trail.
Well done to the staff and thank you for a most enjoyable afternoon.

1  Thank David R

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our 1 hr. Ride. It was more than I expected. Streams were beautiful. Everyone was very helpful. We saw 6 deer on our ride. I would suggest this stable to anyone that is visiting the gatlinburg area.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Mr. Kear and his staff team are wonderful caring people. Randy (our guide) went out of his way to make sure each rider in our group had the right horse. My youngest loved Zach the horse! My wife and I rode Ben and Tim and made us wish we had them back home!
We took the short ride which lasted about an hour and the trails were great. They offered a longer ride but the short version on this trip fit us fine. We felt everything about the experience was professionally done.
We opted to buy the photos they took and they really turned out well. 18 total shots all on CD Jpeg format for us to take home.
Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are looking for breathtaking scenery then saddle up for some of the prettiest views around! takes aprox, 1 1/2 hours and well worth it to get out on the trail, see some nature and fresh air!

1  Thank DriverDan54
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family had been pushing to ride while we were in Gatlinburg over Thanksgiving and they got their wish. We had great horses and a very good guide so the trip went perfect. We crossed a few streams and went over simple but elevated terrain and felt that we received a full mountain experience. I was at the back and my horse got spooked by a deer who took off (didn't see it until we passed). However, the horse eased with a gentle tug on the reins (a well mannered horse). Our ride was about an hour and was perfect.