“Honeymoon Hills - Steve & Whitney Ford” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Honeymoon Hills Cabin Rentals

Honeymoon Hills Cabin Rentals
Stockbridge, Georgia
“Honeymoon Hills - Steve & Whitney Ford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We planned our wedding and honeymoon at Honeymoon Hills and it could not have gone better. We stayed at the 'Little Women' cabin which was very nice and the view was beautiful! Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. Bree was our photographer and all of our pictures came out beautifully. Our plan for out 1st year anniversary is to revisit and stay at the same cabin. We would recommend Honeymoon Hills to anyone wishing to get married or just spend a few days in Gatlinburg, TN.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

my husband and I rented Lovin Inn for our honeymoon last month and were really pleased. If your looking for a honeymoon or romantic get away this is the place. It was really quiet, and NO ONE bothered us at all. Bree and Nikki really get it. everything you need to know is in your registration packet so you never have to see anyone else, you can just stay all cozy and secluded in your little honey mooner bubble. They really did a excellent job making sure you know what you might need for your stay, and the directions were great. Not to mention it was super clean, and cozy. I would recommend them to anyone and we plan on celebrating our anniversary here for years to come!

TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Garden of Eden. We rented this cabin about a month ahead of time and were really looking forward to going and enjoying ourselves for the weekend. The cabin was everything we expected. It was secluded, cute and very clean. We got a real homie feel. The bed was really comfy. I did use the kitchen to make use a small breakfast. Everything worked and overall we were happy with all of it. We loved the hottub and the fact it had a pinic table and grill. We love to grill and enjoyed the setting. We did have to take our garbage to the dumpster but it wasnt a big deal it was on the side of the road as we were going down the hill to leave. It was close to town without being right in town. I will recommend this cabin to any of my friends that are going to the mountains. Very friendly staff. Also down the road from here is the arts and crafts shops :)

Middletown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had looked at several places to get married in Gatlinburg and so happy we chose Honeymoon Hills. The wedding and our honeymoon were so wonderful we hated to leave. Our cabin, Lovers Loft, was perfect with everything we needed. The area is beautiful and so peaceful. I can't say enough about the staff!! Bree and Nikki were the best and made us feel so welcome and comfortable. Dr. Dan who performed our ceremony was great. Need I say more. We would highly recommend Honeymoon Hills for wedding, honeymoon, or just getting away. We plan on going back for our one year anniversary.
Robert and Mary Lisle

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We rented a cabin called Memories... It was a washed out, uphill dirt road to the small dusty cabin... Cobwebs inside and out... The only good thing was we were only there three nights... We will never rent any of these cabins again... I got stung by something that looked like a yellow jacket on the back of my leg... I went in the cabin to look at the sting... At that time my wife was taking out trash to the car and she got stung on the arm... You had to take your own trash to a trash bin that we could never find... Do not rent these cabins... You would be better off pitching a tent on the hillside... I mean there was no light at night and they were dirty... We cleaned before we stayed at this cabin... The name led us to believe it would be a romantic place to stay...NOT... We about got suck trying to get to the cabin... This is our first and last trip to the Honeymoon Hills....

Room Tip: We seen inside and out of our cabin and it was poor at best... We only seen the outside of the other...
2 Thank Chris R
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My name is Rochelle and my husband and I, Matt Fischer, decided to get married at Honeymoon Hills on July 27, 2013. I did not know much about it except for the reviews I had read. Let me tell you that if you want to get married in Gatlinburg this is the place. The chapel was very nice and our Minister was Mrs. Dunn...She was wonderful and very accommodating. She made sure that the wedding went the way we wanted and performed a lovely ceremony. We had thirty people who attended and everyone raved about the chapel and the ceremony. We also had our pictures done by the photographer at the chapel and she did a wonderful job. I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to be married in Gatlinburg. You will definitely get your moneys worth.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a last minute trip and I didn't have much time to research. I have to agree with past reviewers about these 'cabins' being a lot like Leonard buildings with log siding. I think they do actually have a few properties that are actual cabins, but most are like the one in which we stayed. I can't help but think that a lot of 'excellent' reviews came from young people who have never stayed in a nice cabin in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Not to mention, a lot of these folks are on a 'high' from recent nuptials. My husband and I have stayed in this area many times in a variety of lodging. You can get so much better for your money in this area.

The property was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that our hot tub was very private, but it was difficult to get the heat adjusted. There was a distinct musty smell inside and the walls were just painted plywood. Everything was basically in one room, like a studio, but that part I really didn't mind. The bathroom was smaller than my closet at home. The little 'love nest' inspired decor is mildly amusing.

My husband and I got our marriage license from the courthouse. We just wanted to get married, not have a 'wedding'. I asked for suggestions from Honeymoon Hills and they tried to pressure me into their 'simple ceremony' for almost $200. That is much more than we were willing to pay for a simple marriage. We had no trouble finding a county commissioner to marry us.
Other than the pressuring on a wedding, the office staff seemed to be courteous and helpful. However, we didn't contact them about any problems so I'm not sure how they handle those situations.

One thing that really irritated me was the fact that we had to take our own trash out after paying a $50 cleaning fee. It's not really that big of a deal, but what did I pay $50 for?

Overall, I would not recommend as there are so many lovely actual cabins in this area that I will give my money to next time. Next time we plan a spur of the moment trip, we will use an old favorite!

3 Thank tygrus328