This was a last minute trip and I didn't have much time to research. I have to agree with past reviewers about these 'cabins' being a lot like Leonard buildings with log siding. I think they do actually have a few properties that are actual cabins, but most are like the one in which we stayed. I can't help but think that a lot of 'excellent' reviews came from young people who have never stayed in a nice cabin in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Not to mention, a lot of these folks are on a 'high' from recent nuptials. My husband and I have stayed in this area many times in a variety of lodging. You can get so much better for your money in this area.
The property was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that our hot tub was very private, but it was difficult to get the heat adjusted. There was a distinct musty smell inside and the walls were just painted plywood. Everything was basically in one room, like a studio, but that part I really didn't mind. The bathroom was smaller than my closet at home. The little 'love nest' inspired decor is mildly amusing.
My husband and I got our marriage license from the courthouse. We just wanted to get married, not have a 'wedding'. I asked for suggestions from Honeymoon Hills and they tried to pressure me into their 'simple ceremony' for almost $200. That is much more than we were willing to pay for a simple marriage. We had no trouble finding a county commissioner to marry us.
Other than the pressuring on a wedding, the office staff seemed to be courteous and helpful. However, we didn't contact them about any problems so I'm not sure how they handle those situations.
One thing that really irritated me was the fact that we had to take our own trash out after paying a $50 cleaning fee. It's not really that big of a deal, but what did I pay $50 for?
Overall, I would not recommend as there are so many lovely actual cabins in this area that I will give my money to next time. Next time we plan a spur of the moment trip, we will use an old favorite!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private, romantic cabins nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains of Gatlinburg, TN near Pigeon Forge, TN featuring red heart shaped jacuzzi for 2, outdoor hot tub, fireplace, fully stocked kitchens and breathtaking mountain views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg
- Honeymoon Hills Hotel Gatlinburg