“There are much nicer places for your vacation dollars.”

Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“There are much nicer places for your vacation dollars.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a last minute trip and I didn't have much time to research. I have to agree with past reviewers about these 'cabins' being a lot like Leonard buildings with log siding. I think they do actually have a few properties that are actual cabins, but most are like the one in which we stayed. I can't help but think that a lot of 'excellent' reviews came from young people who have never stayed in a nice cabin in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. Not to mention, a lot of these folks are on a 'high' from recent nuptials. My husband and I have stayed in this area many times in a variety of lodging. You can get so much better for your money in this area.

The property was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that our hot tub was very private, but it was difficult to get the heat adjusted. There was a distinct musty smell inside and the walls were just painted plywood. Everything was basically in one room, like a studio, but that part I really didn't mind. The bathroom was smaller than my closet at home. The little 'love nest' inspired decor is mildly amusing.

My husband and I got our marriage license from the courthouse. We just wanted to get married, not have a 'wedding'. I asked for suggestions from Honeymoon Hills and they tried to pressure me into their 'simple ceremony' for almost $200. That is much more than we were willing to pay for a simple marriage. We had no trouble finding a county commissioner to marry us.
Other than the pressuring on a wedding, the office staff seemed to be courteous and helpful. However, we didn't contact them about any problems so I'm not sure how they handle those situations.

One thing that really irritated me was the fact that we had to take our own trash out after paying a $50 cleaning fee. It's not really that big of a deal, but what did I pay $50 for?

Overall, I would not recommend as there are so many lovely actual cabins in this area that I will give my money to next time. Next time we plan a spur of the moment trip, we will use an old favorite!

3 Thank tygrus328

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We couldn't have decided on a better place than Honeymoon Hills to enjoy a weekend together. We stayed in Serenity from July 26th-28th 2013 and it was amazing our cabin was so clean and beautifully decorated. The customer service was beyond nice and helpful and the heart shape tub was just beautiful. This was a much needed getaway that my husband and I will never forget thanks to the staff at Honeymoon Hills!!!! You guys rock!!!! Jessie and Sherrie Madkins

2 Thank Sherrie D
Urbana, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our wedding at Honeymoon Hills in Gatlinburg was amazing was so gald I found this place the view of the mountains was breath taking,Our cabin was called Midnight Fire tucked down in a wooded area very privite and spotless.Our wedding was much more than I had expected our guests were very happy with all the attention they recieved.The Minister was great very personable ! and the girls worked hard at making our day the best ever !
I would tell anyone looking for a place to get married this is it !!!
We will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dale and Karen Long

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My finace and I decided to go to Gatlinburg and get married (not here), but we chose Honeymoon Hills. Our cabin was called "Sweet Memories". This was a "cabin" like McDonald's is "fine dining". Basically, this is a wooden storage building with a "log" siding. The front window was cracked and repaired with clear tape. Inside, the "cabin" had such details as particleboard walls painted with sponges, a fake (no heat) fireplace, curtain tie-backs were wire pipe cleaners, a musty smell, and cheap, cheesy decorations that looked like something from a flea market craft store. The toilet handle had to be held down to get it to flush, the shower stall had poor water pressure and a 4-inch crack in the fiberglass floor. There was no way to turn off the fan in the bathroom. And, the bathroom was slightly bigger than a closet.

There were a few dead bugs in the "cabin" as well.

The hot tub outside had two temps; tepid 96 degrees and too-hot 106 degrees, no middle. And, the light did not work on the hot tub nor were there stairs to get in and out of it.

You are expected to take your own trash to the dumpster (located at the office) upon checking out.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere (anywhere) else. No attentions to detail here.

7 Thank Elypsis44
Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My name is BreAnn Smith and we got married on May 25,2013, Caleb Smith and I, Honeymoon Hills is where my mom and step dad got married and that is all they talked about and still do at this day and time, they have been married for 2 years since April 21 of this year!!! So when we where trying to plan our wedding, just could not get all of our plans together the way we wanted. So my mom suggested we just go to Honeymoon Hills like they did and get married and have a honeymoon all in one!! So that's wat we did and let me just say that WE COULD NOT OF PLANNED A MORE PERFECT WEDDING THAN WAT THE STAFF DID FOR US!!! I WILL GIVE MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE AT HONEYMOON HILLS AND THE GREAT SMOKEY MOUNTAINS A 10!! WE LOVED EVERY LIVING MOMENT WE SPENT THERE AND WE R GOING BACK THERE ON OUR ANNIVERSARY FOR SURE IF NOT SOONER!!! Thanks so much Honeymoon Hills staff for the great work y'all did for us on the most special day of our lives

• Stayed May 2013
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I are newleyweds and wanted to have a wonderful weekend we could remember forever for an affordable price. We come across honeymoon hills and was completely blown away by the cabins, location, and hospitality. The cabin we stayed in was Hearts Desire..it was secluded, cozy and sexy....the room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully beyond our imagination! The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in my life! And the heart shape jacuzzi is amazing!! This was an expirence we will never forget thanks to honeymoon hills! If you chose this company you will not be sorry...thier hospitality is a++++!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be coming back as often as possible!!

Room Tip: Hearts desire is secluded on a mountain...cozy, sexy, and affordable! A++++ hospitality!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck B
atacker
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I could not decide where to get married, we both wanted a small wedding but something very special and something we will always remember every little second of it!! so I go online and start to search in Gatlinburg,Tn for wedding chapels, well of course there was alot of them, so i just went to every one and read about them looked at photos and of course price and there it was the best place ever!!!! Honeymoon Hills wedding chapel and cabin rentals, I saw their pictures and I fell in love with the place so i booked our wedding and the honeymoon,the employees are so friendly and they r there to help you not to get you all stressed out by trying to make you spend more money than you where willing to spend, they will help you in any way possible and they also make sure ur stay in their cabins are as comfortable as being at home in your own bed!! Honeymoon Hills is the greatest place to go during any season and it dont matter about the weather bc just it is all just so relaxing and beautiful rain,snow, or sunshine!! i recommend them to everyone, it dont matter if u r already married or not!! it is a terrific place to go!! so you get a chance please and i do mean it please try them out!! you will not regret it, i know u will go back because we go every year at least once sometimes twice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple