“Storage building meets cheap craft store”

Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals
Memphis, Tennessee
“Storage building meets cheap craft store”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My finace and I decided to go to Gatlinburg and get married (not here), but we chose Honeymoon Hills. Our cabin was called "Sweet Memories". This was a "cabin" like McDonald's is "fine dining". Basically, this is a wooden storage building with a "log" siding. The front window was cracked and repaired with clear tape. Inside, the "cabin" had such details as particleboard walls painted with sponges, a fake (no heat) fireplace, curtain tie-backs were wire pipe cleaners, a musty smell, and cheap, cheesy decorations that looked like something from a flea market craft store. The toilet handle had to be held down to get it to flush, the shower stall had poor water pressure and a 4-inch crack in the fiberglass floor. There was no way to turn off the fan in the bathroom. And, the bathroom was slightly bigger than a closet.

There were a few dead bugs in the "cabin" as well.

The hot tub outside had two temps; tepid 96 degrees and too-hot 106 degrees, no middle. And, the light did not work on the hot tub nor were there stairs to get in and out of it.

You are expected to take your own trash to the dumpster (located at the office) upon checking out.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere (anywhere) else. No attentions to detail here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Elypsis44

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My name is BreAnn Smith and we got married on May 25,2013, Caleb Smith and I, Honeymoon Hills is where my mom and step dad got married and that is all they talked about and still do at this day and time, they have been married for 2 years since April 21 of this year!!! So when we where trying to plan our wedding, just could not get all of our plans together the way we wanted. So my mom suggested we just go to Honeymoon Hills like they did and get married and have a honeymoon all in one!! So that's wat we did and let me just say that WE COULD NOT OF PLANNED A MORE PERFECT WEDDING THAN WAT THE STAFF DID FOR US!!! I WILL GIVE MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE AT HONEYMOON HILLS AND THE GREAT SMOKEY MOUNTAINS A 10!! WE LOVED EVERY LIVING MOMENT WE SPENT THERE AND WE R GOING BACK THERE ON OUR ANNIVERSARY FOR SURE IF NOT SOONER!!! Thanks so much Honeymoon Hills staff for the great work y'all did for us on the most special day of our lives

• Stayed May 2013
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I are newleyweds and wanted to have a wonderful weekend we could remember forever for an affordable price. We come across honeymoon hills and was completely blown away by the cabins, location, and hospitality. The cabin we stayed in was Hearts Desire..it was secluded, cozy and sexy....the room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully beyond our imagination! The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in my life! And the heart shape jacuzzi is amazing!! This was an expirence we will never forget thanks to honeymoon hills! If you chose this company you will not be sorry...thier hospitality is a++++!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be coming back as often as possible!!

Room Tip: Hearts desire is secluded on a mountain...cozy, sexy, and affordable! A++++ hospitality!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck B
atacker
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I could not decide where to get married, we both wanted a small wedding but something very special and something we will always remember every little second of it!! so I go online and start to search in Gatlinburg,Tn for wedding chapels, well of course there was alot of them, so i just went to every one and read about them looked at photos and of course price and there it was the best place ever!!!! Honeymoon Hills wedding chapel and cabin rentals, I saw their pictures and I fell in love with the place so i booked our wedding and the honeymoon,the employees are so friendly and they r there to help you not to get you all stressed out by trying to make you spend more money than you where willing to spend, they will help you in any way possible and they also make sure ur stay in their cabins are as comfortable as being at home in your own bed!! Honeymoon Hills is the greatest place to go during any season and it dont matter about the weather bc just it is all just so relaxing and beautiful rain,snow, or sunshine!! i recommend them to everyone, it dont matter if u r already married or not!! it is a terrific place to go!! so you get a chance please and i do mean it please try them out!! you will not regret it, i know u will go back because we go every year at least once sometimes twice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atacker
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Awesome, clean, beautiful cabin. The view was amazing. We had a heart shape jacuzzi, an amazing huge 4 post bed, pool table upstairs loft, flat screen t.v. Also there was a jacuzzi outside very secluded. Highly recommend and will def be back:)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Candaceray
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I were married there on 2-14-13. We loved it! The chapel was wonderful, so small and just what we wanted! It perfect for the two of us! Dr. Dan's service was exceptional. He spoke right to us. Our photographer, Bri, was so sweet! Our wedding pictures were awesome! We talked about the Gatlinburg area. She gave my husband and I some great ideas of activities. We really loved the mountains! We even got to see some snow!! We watched it snow from our hot tub at Lazy Days! The cabin was so romantic. We had plenty of room, and the pie that was left was delicious! yummy!! So clean and calming. It was a nice change from our busy lives! Thank you Honeymoon Hills and staff! We can not wait to come back for our anniversary!

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband got married 12-31-09 and decided to honeymoon in Gatlinburg so I checked out honeymoon hills we stayed in Garden of Eden, when we pulled up on our wedding night they turned the lights on for us, had the fireplace going, it was so romantic. They workers were helpful getting our reservations set up, we had a blast. It even snowed on our honeymoon! Honeymoon Hills is a place to stay for couples who want to be in peace and quiet and still be close to town! Honeymoon hills is a go to place, the cabins are very clean and just a lovely paradise!

• Stayed December 2012