“Great atmosphere and food”

The Fox & Parrot Tavern
Ranked #65 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Good food. Nice crisp attitude from the owner. If you like to joke around and don't take yourself seriously, this is the place. It was fun and refreshing...and lots of great beer on tap.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had read the reviews for this pub and decided to give it a try while in Gatlinburg and boy was I glad I did. This place had a great vibe that you feel when you first walk in. I ordered the bangars and mash and my wife, who really does not care for any type of sausage, ate almost my whole dinner. It was that good!! She had the fish and chips which were quite tasty. I found the owner, Brian to be very hospitable and we loved his dry wit (definitely a British sense of humor) the beer selection was wonderful for someone like myself who enjoys the high gravity beers. When we come back to Gatlinburg this place will be first on our list!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I live in Knoxville, and it had been several years since my wife and i had stopped in at this authentic British pub, so we were anxious to get back and see if it was as good as we remembered it to be. It was. (Frankly, just having Boddington's on tap makes it for me, but they seem to have every other British beer as well.) The succulent fish and chips were icing on the cake, and the general ambience of the place makes it hard to leave. It's definitely worth taking the time and trouble to drive and find this great tavern.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you want to try some traditional British pub food then this is the place to be! Very, very casual (children and dogs welcome!), well lit, decorated in a lively manner. LOTS of beer on tap and a limited but traditional pub food menu. I had the fish and chips and they were very good (a little greasy as you might expect) and I will definitely go back to try the shepherd pie. Be warned that you will have to climb two tall sets of stairs to get the restaurant which is in a rustic building.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Well, this place was a jewel nestled into the mountains of the arts and crafts loop of Gatlinburg! We discovered it and feel in love immediately. The family, friendly atmosphere was full of activity.....games being played, conversations amongst friends and strangers, etc.... Our wait was not long....now it wasn't quick either! But the menu and signs around the wall clearly states that each order is cooked and prepared as ordered! NO fast food! My steak and mushroom pie was SCRUMPTIOUS! We tried to go back for a second night but they were closed! We were very disappointed! We spent 3 weeks in the British isles and this pub made us feel as if we were back in the old country!