“Great Local Place”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The pub had tons of atmosphere and made you feel like you were at home. The staff was friendly and the food was wonderful.

Visited March 2013

Warsaw, North Carolina
“Need a getaway from the Gaitlinburg attractions?! Come to this place!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place for a good beer and some food. Excellent beer selection (no Budweiser...but that's ok with us!), real pub food, great service and a chill environment.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“A Real Pub in the Gatlinburg Area”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place is located in the Arts & Crafts Community loop just outside of downtown Gatlinburg. Take the wife, or hang out here why she visits all the shops in the area. This is a perfect place to relax, watch sporting events on a big screen television, or listen to live music.

They have a great beer selection. They have 30+ unique micro-brew choices on draft. I had Hazed & Infused and it was excellent. Also, it was cold. They also have a large selection of bottled beer. They have a nice menu of primarily British type fayre. We had a Reuben sandwich with fries and shepherd's pie with fries and both were very good.

Neat place!

• Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Beer Selection...Best Fish & Chips ever!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I recently visited The Fox & Parrot Tavern and had a wonderful time. Our dinner was so good. If you go get the fish & chips. The owner adds Bass Ale to the batter and it is the best I have ever tasted. We will go again the next time we are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Fayetteville, TN
“Quite simply put, this place makes me happy!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I come to Gatlinburg on average twice a year, because it seems all government organizations within the state of Tennessee have their conferences there. G'burg itself is OK the first few times you go, but after a while it's the same old same old. Taffy, Ripley's, and chain restaurants.
So I've been to G'burg probably 15 times.
This time, the wife and I said NO PARK VISTA (we got an awesome river road motel room- but that's another review), and no chain restaurant crap.
So I remembered the last time I went to the arts and crafts area off Glades road, and remembered there was a pub; googled it and read the same reviews you are probably looking at. What the hell? Let's try it. I waited all day for the wife to get out of her conference, and we drove out to the Fox and Parrot. I knew it closed early during winter months (what doesn't in the area) but thought it closed at 8:00. We pulled up at 6:05 Thurday night and a guy in the lot said they closed at 6:00- had no customers there for two hours. I was let down.
On the way home Friday, the wife says "let's see if they are open for lunch"... the rest is the meat of this review:
This is an authentic English pub. If you don't want to feel like you are in someones house, go to the Hard Rock. If you don't like to interact with the owner/ employees, go to Smokey Mtn Brewery. If you want pizza or a burger, leave now.
Brian, the owner, was busy cooking Friday afternoon, so we did not meet him right away. We ordered corn beef and cabbage and Sheppard's pie. AS I had a designated driver, I started having some of the beers I can't get on draft at home- Newcastle and Young's Double Chocolate to name a few. The pints were perfectly pulled and were heaven! The food was great, authentic, and had HUGE portions.
Did we like it? Well, a simple noontime lunch lasted until nearly 3:45!! Brian eventually came out of the kitchen and sat with us and a regular, talking beers, brewing, food, and politics. Great guy, and I can't wait to go back in the summer or fall and have a few with him- betcha he's a hoot after a few pints!
Anyway, if you have not figured it out, this is a favorable review, LOL! The place is great. It is authentic, and the vibe is warm. Spend your money at a family owned local business, where you will have a fond memory of the experience, and a place you will look forward to coming in the future. As for the reviewer panning the F&P for it's driveway and dog- these are not pub type people- they should, as my Nana from Co. Cork would say, are "Foc il leat!" (Google it).
Thanks for creating such a place in this world of boring sameness Brian!

• Visited February 2013