“A Gatlinburg Dining Must!!”

The Fox & Parrot Tavern
Ranked #65 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you are looking for something different from the same old, run of the mill tourist restaurant, you MUST make a stop on the Arts and Crafts Loop at The Fox & Parrot Tavern. They serve real authentic British flare, with the best Fish and Chips outside of England! The atmosphere rivals any British pub we've been in.....the food is wonderful......selection of beers unbeatable (50 types I think)......and personal sevice great! We spoke with the owner himself, and he strives to make this extra special. Grab an Arts & Crafts brochure from any of the racks so you don't miss this Gatlinburg must!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Thank you Brian for being dog friendly! Thank you for letting me bring in wine since I don't drink beer, and thank you for the best fish rueben I have ever had! Though not officially on the menu, ask if you can get the battered fish instead of corned beef on the rueben sandwich. It was so big, I was planning on taking 1/2 of it home......but just could not put it down!
I wish I could comment on other food, but my friend got the same thing. The french fries were real good too! The beer selection is amazing.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

While exploring the Arts and Crafts Community in the Glades, I saw a Union Jack flag flying along the driveway which led back to a two-story building. The pub is located on the second floor. A sign outside warns you in advance, "The Tavern is on the 2nd floor. Real British food. No burgers, No Pizza or nachos, No crap on tap!" What they do have is 50 types of beer and excellent fish and chips! The place isn't the cleanest, but it has great atmosphere. There is a small deck (3 tables) for outdoor seating.

1  Thank Kam J
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had lunch there last week and were delighted. Authenic pub on second floor of older building set back off the street in a wooded area made for a relaxing area away from the busy Gatlinburg strip. I had the chicken pot pie with "chips" and my husband had the bangers (sausages) and mashed potatoes. The sausage was made on site and was some of the best we'd ever tried. Lady who served us was very nice and the owner came out and introduced himself and talked to us a bit as we were leaving. We even bought a souviner set of 25 coasters and post cards for 3.50$. All and all a very nice relaxing and delicious lunch!

1  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Got there about 7 PM. Asked the Bar Tender if food was still being served. Said he did not know because the cook was tired. Had a few brews(not good) and placed an order. A long wait and cook came out and screamed at the patrons...Screamed that people should not move around and this was a pub and not a resturant and if you did not like it, you should try downtown. Fish and chips were just bad. Peeked into the fry area, Filthy. Place obviously needs to be inspected and if that occured, would probably be shut down. Bad Food and Tourist Trap. 3 brews, a coke and 2 fish and chips 42 bucks.

11  Thank Kenneth H