Mountain House Motor Inn Downtown
Bales Motel(Gatlinburg)
Johnson's Inn(Gatlinburg)
Gatlinburg Towers(Gatlinburg)
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleangreat locationshower headthe main stripshort walkfamily ownedclose to downtownwithin walking distanceplace to sleepcoffee makerflat screen tvc unitwould stay here againsmall fridgean older hotelpigeon forgepools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Christian family run business. Its an older, renovated motel that is only a couple of blocks from the Parkway (the opposite way from the Aquarium). I went through the Chamber's website and got a King room w/sofa, overlooking the pool for $58. It had a microwave, refrig, flat screen TV, chair and balcony. Great people to deal with.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 414. It was separated from all the other rooms by a wide hallway with an inclined walkway and was right above the office, so there was no noise from other rooms. There was a small creek or stream that ran behind the building. But there was a street immediately by the stream.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jody54
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very convenient and were very pleased with the cleanliness for an inexpensive motel. The room had a nice new television and the staff was very friendly. It is just a short walk to the Pancake Pantry and the Aquarium! We will definitely consider the Mountain House Motor Inn for future visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Richmond B
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The staff were so nice and friendly. The rooms were spacious enough and very clean. We would stay here again. It is not a well know place or name but we would recommend this anytime.Big ole screen TV with a large bathroom. Best mattresses for a good nights rest after a long day of hiking and shopping in the heart of beautiful Gatlinburg. Stay here :*)

Room Tip: Great price since Gatlinburg shops can eat it up pretty quick if you let it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

This was my second and last stay at this establishment. I booked online through Orbitz and it took them 20 minutes to find my reservation. The bathroom had no privacy curtain and the window faced a hotel on the hill. There were no towels or washcloths to be seen. I had to go to the front office to get them. There was almost no toilet paper on the roll and when it ran out I had to call a number posted on the office door 3x before someone answered. The owner I presume originally stated he lived 30 minutes away and it would be 8 am before he could get some. I told him we couldn't go 8 hours without toilet paper and he finally asked what unit I was in. I'm waiting for him as I type this at 12:15 am. Very rude and poor service from the start.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Thomas E
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We knew we were going to be late arriving, so I called the hotel. The manager said they would be closed by the time we arrived, but he left the key for us in the drop box. Room was clean and very big but the overwhelming smell of cheap cleaners gave me a headache. The heated tile floors in the bathroom were an unexpected perk. We had a river view from a tiny port hole in the bathroom. It would have been nice if the back wall had a big window so we could enjoy the view. The location is great, we could walk about a mile to the main strip and we were right in front of The Aquarium. The back entrance to The Village is also about a block from the motel. Go thru there and be sure to stop at The Donut Friar- they make fresh donuts every day. The eclairs are awesome too. The manager that we dealt with was very friendly. We will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Quiet area
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family