“Outdated”

Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
leftylady
“Outdated”
Reviewed February 7, 2008

We stayed here last year along with our 8 year old grand daughter. The place was in great need of a remodeling!! Our air conditioner was not working well - was loud and moldy smelling. The bathroom was very tiny, tub was nasty. The carpet really needed to be vacuumed. Location was OK. Grand daughter loved the pool. We did have one interesting moment. Woke up one morning and looked out the back door onto the balcony.
There was a little scared raccoon looking back at me, and we were on the second floor. We called the manager and eventually someone came and got him. Wouldn't stay here again - too outdated and not very clean.

• Liked — grand daughter like pool
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank leftylady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sherwood
Reviewed October 17, 2007

Three women on a road trip. We had picked up a coupon book and called ahead. We wanted queen beds. We were given a room on the second floor far from the office. It had not been cleaned. The cooffe pot had moldy grounds in it and when we truned down the bed, the sheets had obviously been slept on. Since we had already called about the coffee pot, the desk personnel (after the guy had hung up on us; the woman was friendly and helpful), offered to move us next door. We moved but there was a single, hollow wood door that connected to the other room. We did not feel very secure. Also, when we checked in, with our coupon, we were told the original room was the only one available. We had planned to stay 3 nights but only stayed one. The property is in a good location, though. That is the only good thing I can say about it. Very disappointed, but I think it is a case of getting what you pay for. It was inexpensive and the place is definitely cheap!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Not clean
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank nolenfam
grenada, ms
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I was suppose to stay in this motel from July 22-26 and I called the desk to cancel my reservations. I was told that it would be cancelled so I booked somewhere else. A couple of days later I checked my bank account and it was overdrawn because Kendall the manager had sent my cancelled reservations through my bank. I have been trying to get in contact with him and all I get is the run around about my refund. I would not recommend staying here at all. They seem like they want to keep the money that is not owed to the person that should get the refund because of their neglegance.

Tammy Jordan

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank tammyjordan
Dayton, OH
Reviewed May 8, 2007

We were on our way to North Carolina and were just going to stay in Gatlinburg one night. I found this hotel on line and called to make reservations over the phone. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. It was pretty much what we expected. The room size was nice (we had two queen beds), however the bathroom was VERY tiny. It was a little inconvenient for changing clothes because my 15 year old son was with us and the bathroom was almost too small to dress in. Also, a previous review mentioned the low shower head and fluctuating water temperature. I am 5'8 and thought the shower head was extremely low (maybe for a 5'5 person?). The water pressure is good, but it takes a while to get the temperature right and the hot water is SCALDING hot, so be careful. Other than some super thin towels, I can't complain much. It was as clean as most hotels rooms. We had no problems with cooling off the room as the other reviewer did. We actually liked the AC unit being near the bathroom so it was not blowing directly on us and making a bunch of racket. I would stay there again for the price and for a night or two.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank ChrissyMel123
ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2006

After days of searching for a cheap, family owned motel we chose this one. We had a coupon that made it $39 a night and we were not charged for the 3rd adult staying in the room. The employees were very friendly and gave excellent restaurant reccomendations. The room was a basic motel room with 2 double beds and a small table and chairs. The tv was larger than you normally see in a motel room and appeared to be fairly new. The bathroom and sink area both really needed some attention. The tub had dirt streaks and hair in it. The ceiling in the bathroom was a little mold and the floor needed swept and mopped. There was dirt in the sink and it kind of smelled. The walls are thin and you can hear everything going on in the parking lot and the rooms next to you. There is no free breakfast here but that really was not a big deal for us as we would rather go to the pancake places anyway. There were alot of people hanging around outside on the balcony but they really seemed like they were just relaxing and trying to enjoy their vacation-most were elderly.
The price is great if you don't mind doing a little cleaning yourself.

• Liked — The price and location.
  • Disliked — The lack of attention to cleanliness.
  • Tips/Secrets — Grab some books at the visitor's center for coupons.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank izeesmom
arkansas
Reviewed August 6, 2006

This hotel was terrible. We pulled up and i was so disapointed. People were hanging outside the rooms as though it was there front porch.
The room was old,dirty and outdated. The a/c is located next to the bathroom and was to far away to cool the sleeping area properly. the bathroom was moldy and dirty. I had to go the store and buy cleaning supplies before i could give my 2 year old a bath. and even then i made him sit on a towel in the tub.

we had a room with a king bed and a fold out sofa. the king bed was comfortable enough but the bed spread had a large rip in it. the pull out sofa (for my 8 year old) was not made up (we had to do it ourselves) the mattress had a huge (what looked to me like blood stain on it there was no matress pad. I had to lay out towels over the matress before putting the flat sheet (not a fitted one) on top of it. I doubled two flat sheets to make sure her body didnt touch the matress. we were awaken at 5 am with sounds coming from the next room. shuffling and moving around noises. I assumed that the people next to us were moving around

. I found out later that the room next to us was a storage room and that the sounds we heard were probably rats. (this came from a man that was lounging around outside as though he either worked there or lived there???

the only good thing about the place was the location. We stayed 2 nights (we were scheduled for 3 but couldnt find a vacancy at another place until the 3rd night)

yucky, yucky, yucky do not stay here if a clean place is important to you!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank cmayro
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 20, 2006

We stayed 6 nights here the second week of July and we were very pleased. We had a King room with a Sofa pull out and it was a decent size room. We loved having a fridge and microwave. The fridge is also a larger "small" fridge so we could fit lots of soda, snacks, etc which was important for us since we had 2 adults and kids - 11, 9, 3, and 7 month old. There was also a lot of storage space by the fridge. The bathroom/vanity area was a bit outdated, but it didn't really matter. More importantly - everything was clean and stayed clean. I know in previous reviews they state problems with cleaning staff. My husband was in a conversation with the hotel owner one afternoon and she said they were replacing the cleaning staff that week becuase they were not happy with them. So that may take care of any previous cleaning issues. We actually had no cleaning problems.

The pool was also well maintained and it was great that the kiddie pool is actually built into the larger pool so my 3 yr old could interact with me and the older kids while we swam. There was a second pool that looked nice too but it wasn't near our room.

Another nice bonus was an on-site washer and dryer.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Lastly, it is an excellent location. It's only a block from the main strip on the Aquarium end. It's far enough away from all that congestion and noise, but still close enough to walk to the strip.

This place is not a new and fancy chain or exclusive individual hotel, but it was one of the 5 cheapest I found (and I looked at almost every one!) and considering the number of hotels to pick from this is a good price. (I saw several for the same price range in Pigeon Fordge, but all had reviews of 2!) But more importantly - it's a decent place to stay. Clean, friendly, pool, fridge, good size room, and great location.

• Liked — Storage space, room size, clean
  • Disliked — Bathroom/vanity area outdated -
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family