Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #72 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Valdosta, Georgia
“GREAT”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Great place to stay in Gatlinburg! Would highly recommend. My family has been to the Pig. Forge/Gatlinburg area several times. But, this was the first time we chose HOTEL. It was also the first time to stay in Gaitlinburg versus Pig. Forge. it was perfect for us.The hotel is a little old but nice.We love the room it was clean very big.Our room was on the river road side.But very close to everything and you can't beat the price and the location.The only draw back the bathroom was a little small.Free high-speed Wireless Internet access work great.Over all 4.5 out of 5.Give them a try.Looking forward to staying there again. Also the service was quick when we needed things for the room

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Reviewed November 12, 2010

When we first got to the room, we just dropped our baggage when we first came in. First impression was, "are you serious?" stunk very bad! The carpet was nasty with huge stains and burn holes all in it, the bathroom was extremely small and dirty! The bath tub was so dirty, it looked like a mechanic had took a shower in it last with the black motor oil stains in the bath tub! Then, one of us walked over to the sink to wash our hands, the elbow part of the drain under neath the sink popped off causing water goal
all in my luggage soaking my clothes with rusty water! They did bring us another room key. It was to a handicap room which wasn't any better! All of this for $90 a night! Not to mention, it is walking distance to everything but it's not real close to all the main attractions! It's at the end of parkway. There are rooms next to the aquarium for the same price! So surprised and so disappointed!

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank Millerfamily73
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 12, 2010

When I was scheduled for a business trip at the convention center, I thought I wanted to stay on what they call the "strip". So, I stayed at Days Inn thinking that i would enjoy the indoor pool. Pfft!! What a nasty place! The pool had algae and I was bitten by fleas. The noise and other crap on the so-called strip was NOT enjoyable. You want to visit the strip...NOT try to sleep there. Looking for another indoor pool, I stayed at Sleep Inn. So GLAD I did.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ExecTrav23
Powell, OH
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I found Days Inn Downtown Gatlinburg online...it was one of the few motels I could find with vacancies during the busy fall season. Now I know why there were plenty of vacancies.

Things started off with the clerk not being able to locate both my reservation and the lady who was in line after me. After 15 minutes we finally got that straightened out, and then I found me room. It was as bad as a bad Motel 6. If Maaco painted motel rooms, this would be an example of their work. The room was generally dirty. The stairs to the loft, which thankfully my brother decided to take, were like climbing a ladder on a Navy ship, only they spiraled around. It was almost impossible to carry a suitcase and climb the stairs at the same time.

The parking is limited, and there is one area where cars are parked in a north-south configuration, and only a few feet behind them they're parked in an east-west direction. There would be absolutely no way for a large car to back out of there. Fortunately I have a Miata, and even with that my brother had to get out and direct me so I didn't run into the cars behind me or into the flower bed island.

The Wi-Fi service is spotty and just didn't work well. The continental breakfast would be delicious if you were a dog. And my brother wanted me to add to this review that his Days Inn-supplied coffee cup leaked.

The swimming pool deck smelled like urine, and the lounge chairs were dirty. The one elevator smelled like oil, and waiting for it was like watching grass grow.

All this luxury for only $143 a night!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank MikeW1956
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We decided just a few days before going to a conference in Gatlinburg to stay at this hotel because of the location with free parking near the Convention Center and the great rate. It turned out to be a great place to stay. The room was nice and appeared to have been updated. It was quiet at night. The continental breakfast has limited choices, but is OK because the price to stay there is so much less than other hotels that serve a larger breakfast. There is a Texas Roadhouse with great food just a few steps from the hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There was an indoor pool but we didn't find the time to use it. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Thankful2Him
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I have to say that i was a little worried about this hotel after reading the other reviews. but this hotel exceeded my expectatations. it was worth it i have no complaints at all. The staff was very friendly not one time was any member of the staff was anything other than polite and inviting. the rooms were clean. It's very closed to downtown .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank usa2007089
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed at one night at days inn and suites. The hotel is conveniently located right in the heart of downtown close to all of the sidewalk restorents and shopping. The parking is wonderful. They have covered parking underneath the hotel. This was very convenient for us. The staff at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, well-equipped with a dryer, soap and shampoo and was extremely clean. The shower is huge. We were very happy with our short stay at this hotel and will stay again when we return

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family