“Will never ever stay there again !!!”

Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 30, 2010

commode set up against vanitity had to set sideways on it. 4 receptical covers missing 1 had black tape over 1/2. no plug-in for coffee maker-refrig. doors sticking also fire hazard. no ice machine had to go downstairs. extention cords for appliance. Fan not working in bathroom. keycards had to be reloaded before we could get into our room after supper. Hot/cold knobs reversed could scauld a child if not noticed by an adult. rates were twice as high as rooms in Pigeon forge will stay there next time !!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank postman201
Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed August 26, 2010

The place was filthy, the laundry room was a nightmare - I have no idea how they pass health inspections. The free breakfast was pitiful - we ended up having to go out for breadfast. The toilet clogged up in our bathroom at 2:00am and the facility couldn't find a plunger for us - we had to leave and drive 10 miles to buy a plunger. Management rolled their eyes and sighed when we told them about it the next day and refused to give us our money back or any kind of discount. They advertise WIFI, but the signal was so weak, I couldn't check my email for work. The price was cheap, but not woth the trouble. The people who run the place have no concept of customer service or quality.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jennieliza
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The room appears to have been recently remodeled. The bedding was nice, as was the flat panel TV. The carpet in my room was clean.
Now onto the cons.
Gap in door. You could see outside. Door was also hard to shut. You had to slam it. Air conditioning had to be kept on 60, just to keep room cool. Room had a window you could open, but no screen on the window.
Bath tub fittings had no caulk around them. Tub had a constant little drip of water. Oh the bathroom is teeny tiny also. You can barely open the door when you arwe standing in it.
Headboards were not attached. Little table was wobbly and on the verge of breaking. Outlets to microwave and coffee pot did not work at all.
Hotel advertises free wifi, but I could not even pick up a signal at all. Hotel also advertises outdoor and indoor pool, but the outdoor pool is closed. It is a nasty,nasty,nasty dark green. Indoor pool is tiny, so if any kids are in there jumping in you can forget about going.
The location of the hotel is pretty good. It is right next door to a small grocery store, and within a short walking distance to numerous restaurants. The park grill is directly across the street, and The peddler is on the back side at the River Rd. entrance.
Oh I almost forgot....the matresses are hard as a rock. My back is hurting now, because of that rock hard bed.
I do not think I will be staying here again. I'd say reserve a room at your own risk. I read mixed reviews and thought I'd give it a try due to the discount I received. I think I will just pay $15-$20 more per night and stay in a higher visitor rated hotel my next trip to Gatlinburg. I normally go 2X per yr.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank pris1972
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This was great place to stay to walk to downtown and entrance to National park with a helpfull staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I had looked at these reviews before our vacation and was a bit scared. But we had a great timein Gatlinburg. We saved so much money staying at this hotel, especially because our room had a microwave and refrigerator. We went into Pigeon Forge and got groceries from Walmart. We ate our breakfasts downstairs at the continental free breakfast, our lunches in the room and went out for dinner. The room was pretty clean. My young son loved that there were two pools. The WIFI wasn't relaible, but if you sit out on the patio, you'll get great service. The only complaint was that our toilet clogged. Free parking was great. Overall, we'd stay there again if we came back to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank biancarose21
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Booked room online for a 3 night stay at Days Inn and Suites. When we arrived, the girl working the desk was nowhere to be seen. She finally showed up after I stood and waited....and waited. As we were signing in, a couple who had just checked in, came back into the lobby to state that their room was not ready for them yet. This was the middle of the afternoon. We were given a room key, and when we got in there, the smell of cat urine hit us in the face. There was a big hole in the wall behind the door. The beds were sloppily made, so I turned the covers back and found the sheets to be dirty...as if ashes from a cigarette were just dusted off, and this was a non-smoking room. The other bed has some dried green substance in the sheets. The bathtub has filthy footprints in it as if someone had walked around in it barefoot and it was not cleaned out. The carpet has bits of lint and food all over it. The was a dirty pizza box sitting ontop of the area used to hang clean clothing. We went back to the office to complain. The girl at the desk said that she was told that room was ready, and gave us another key for a different room. That room was just as bad...minus the dirty pizza box. We went back to the front office again and demanded a refund. The girl called her manager and claims to have credited our acct. We asked her to copy the receipt that stated she refunded our credit card, she claimed that the copy machine was broken. Why did that surprise me?? So she printed out a tiny cash register type receipt showing she credited our card. It better show up! The were numerous people outside complaining of similar dirty rooms. The girl at the deck apologized for the mess the hotel was in and said that she was really tired of dealing with the complaints all the time. I am guessing this is a regular occurance at this dump. We found a wonderful place to stay across the street at Clarion Inn and Suites. Cost a little more but it was well worth the money to be accomidated so well and have a clean place to stay during our Smoky Mt visit. Days Inn and Suites needs to be shut down and fixed up, have new management, and have some major changes in the care and the pride they have in their facility. Do NOT book a room at that place. Ewwww!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ynot87
Reviewed July 19, 2010

What a difference. Stayed before the rooms were not so good. Now it's clean and everything is new. The staff was great, the front desk girl was polite and helpful. Really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business