“Nice & clean on the strip”

Days Inn And Suites Downtown Gatlinburg Parkway
Ranked #72 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice & clean on the strip”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was in the Gatlinburg for out anniversary this month and was lucky enough to spend a week at the Days Inn & Suites. I felt welcomed and like a member of the Family from the moment I walked in the door. The staff was extremely friendly and made us feel very comfortable. We had minor issue and it taken care of immediately without any question.
The location is very convenient right on the main strip and close to the Convention Center and downtown area (5 min) but far enough away that you didn’t feel like you were stuck in the middle of the hustle and bustle. The hotel was very clean and well kept to its age. My room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The free continental breakfast was about what one has come to expect. Parking and internet access were free and I found the overall value for my dollar to be well worth it. No doubt that this Days Inn in Gatlinburg will be my first choice for a place to stay the next time I make it back to the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My friends & I stayed here recently (April, 2013) for 2 nights. We were just looking for a hotel close to the GSMNP entrance, and a place to sleep after backpacking all day. This place fit the bill. This hotel is very close to the park entrance, next to a small grocery, and close to several decent restaurants. The front desk staff was very friendly & helpful, and there was plenty of parking available in the lot. But the place is showing it's age. The exterior looked worn and a bit run down. The ice machine closest to my room was out of order. The rooms are dark and need updating. My "upgraded" room had a fireplace that didn't work. The room had several burned out light bulbs, stains on the floor, and cigarette burns on the counters.The free breakfast was very limited, but I've found that to be the case in many Gatlinburg hotels. For what I was looking for on this trip, this place served the purpose...and I would consider staying here again for the right price. Location, location, location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cincihiker
Indianapolis
Reviewed April 29, 2013

During the 4 days we stayed here (around 4/20/13) the elevator didn't work properly most of the time. You were lucky if you could get to the floor you wanted and the door to open. Also, whoever did the painting in the room and did the tile work in the bathroom did a very sloppy job. There was paint on woodwork that wasn't supposed to be painted. The tiles in the bathroom were not straight, nor was the toilet paper holder or the towel rack. While the water in the indoor pool looked okay, the tile on the sides of the pool looked dirty. The first morning we were there for their complimentary breakfast the juice machine, microwave, toaster, and waffle maker didn't work. The biscuits were cold and hard, but at least the gravy was somewhat hot. The people at the front desk were friendly, but I will not be staying there again or recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela J
Olive Branch
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel was a convenient location at a good price. The exterior was old and run down.
The elevator was having problems. The pool was bad. The breakfast was worse. The staff was fine and the room was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Vienna
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The rooms had been painted not sure when and the job was sloppy. We had a valued cielind in our room and at the top in the cornor there was a long strip of paint hanging from the ceiling. The only ice machine was on the first floor and we were on the third. The last day the elevator went out so my husband and I had to walk up three flights of stairs and both of us are handicapped. My husband smokes and on check in we asked for a ground floor room we told all the smoking rooms were on the top floor. There was a ramp all the way to the top which we used on the day we checked out. I will not be staying at this motel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple