“People do streach the truth”

Sidney James Mountain Lodge
Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Augesta Georiga
“People do streach the truth”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

People do streach the truth I found the Sidney James to be wonderful I coulldnt get my kids out of the indoor pool the rocks were a little slippery I almost fell but I managed the bathroom was a little small but that was okay too My farvite part was the creek running It put me to sleep every night I loved that the trolly ran right by the hotel we were at Baskin Robbins alot because it was so easy to get to and the reviews said that the hill going from downtown back to hotel was so hard to climb What hill I had no problem Folks dont beleive everything you read on the reviews there alot of truth streachers out there that love to complain Our visit was wonderful The staff went above and beyond Especally Sean He was always anwsering every question we had like when I asked what time is the next trolly come Thanks Sean The Iveson Family

• Liked — Creekside room
  • Disliked — Indoor pool rocks slipplery
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
OHIO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

My family & I stayed one night at this dump. It was old & outdated the private balcony that over look the creek was too too too small only one person could stand you could not even put a chair out there. The bathroom was filthy & nasty the bed linens was old & nasty. We got up so early to get the hell out of there. I would not have anyone one stay here not even a dog.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Oak Ridge TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

We were able to get one of the most awesome Suites ever!! The Room was clean and cool, with a HUGE whirlpool tub (could have seated 4 easily), and the mini fridge came in handy as well. The Hotel staff was great, very friendly and ready to help us with anything we needed. As it turned out I had swimmers ear and they were ready to go to the pharmacy for me! Thank You Staff, you made our stay Great. We look forward to a return visit this time with the kids : ) I think they will LOVE the pool especially the waterfall, while we enjoy the hot tub. This hotel is also on the trolley route which came in very handy as well. If I could recommend eating lunch or dinner at Bubba Gumps the food is Terrific and the atmosphere is very fun, and it was just at the end of the road from Hotel, easy walk. For breakfast the Pancake House was Perfect, and not a long walk either.

• Liked — The Huge Whirlpool Tub
  • Disliked — Nothing, Everything was great
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Telford Tn.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2008

We just recently stayed at Sidney James Mountain Lodge in Gatlinburg Tn. and was very nervous about what we may be getting ourselves into because of all the bad reviews I saw online.We arrived there on 06/18/08 and left on 06/22/08 and the rooms we very nice rooms and they were also large enough for a family of 4. The staff was very friendly there and also the pool that was inside was a very nice place to have your children swim. They also supplied the towels for you in case you forgot your towels.My overall review of this hotel is I would give it a 9 only because you do have a 20 minute walk to the main strip of gatlinburg but hey, that is what you will be doing down there anyway is walk. I would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — everyone was very helpful and courteous to us
  • Disliked — was to far to walk to downtown (after 2 trips you dont think nothing of the walk)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

We would like to thank the management and staff of Sidney
James for an awesome stay! We really enjoyed our visit, and we appreciate you welcoming our greyhounds for this special event. We hope you will invite us back for Mountain Hounds 2009. Everyone was friendly and we didn't want for anything! We appreciate all the special things you did for us to make us
feel welcome! Thank you! We were in the hot tub every night, and also the indoor and outdoor pools. Everything was clean and neat and fresh. If we needed anything, just had to pick up the phone and it was done! No hassles with reservations or billing either. Close to downtown restaurants and attractions and not far from other attractions. Our room had a balcony overlooking the creek and it was very soothinng. Nice park with pavillion and ball field within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The value received for the price paid.
  • Disliked — WI-FI not available in guest rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bluefawn
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

My family stayed at the Sidney James Mountain Resort for a convention. We were there three nights, and the experience was very good. The hotel staff were very polite and helpful. The room was much larger then we expected with wonderful creek views from our balcony. The overall cleanliness of the room was very good, and the cleaning staff went out of their way to please. The bed was comfortable, and the carpets looked to be new. The mini fridge was functioning well, and was a welcome asset. While the hotel is older, it certainly met our needs and was an excellent value. We were comfortable and felt secure during our entire visit. We will definitely be returning to the Sidney James next year if our convention is held there again.

• Liked — Large, clean rooms.
  • Disliked — No internet in rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank cello56
cincinnati, ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

Our family was going to a cabin on Sunday-Sunday and because I am impatient I wanted to start our vacation early,so I booked a room for one night after visiting the website. I don't know where they took the pictures at but the room we stayed in was not good. As soon as we walked in it smelled of mold or mildew or something, the baseboards were falling off of the walls, the shower and entire room for that matter was just nasty. Thank god we were only staying one night, I actually sprayed down the whole room with Lysol and I still wasn't comfortable.We didn't even try the pool, I was scared to see what it was all about. The best part was out on the balcony, the creek was rolling pretty good and it made a bad night almost bearable. The next morning the shower was hot for about 20 seconds then cold for 20 and so on, was just happy to be leaving this hole. Donot waste your time, money, or sanity on this place, you can find alot better places even on short notice. Also they boast the free parking, well good luck finding a spot!!

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — terrible room condition
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family