“Nice Hotel for a Gatlinburg Visit”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Nice Hotel for a Gatlinburg Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an older Hampton and it has a very high traffic/volume because it's in a tourist hot spot. My wife and I stayed just one night but had a very pleasant stay with no real complaints. The location is great (right on the main drag in Gatlinburg and pretty centrally located) Our room was very clean and on par with what we are used to in a Hampton Inn. We would/will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KY_IT_GUY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This Hampton Inn is made old style (doors open to outside) but you have a balcony. I was worried the inside was going to be old as well but turned out to be a nice room. I love you can park the car and not move it until your really to leave the strip. Only negative was the breakfast lacked a little....This particular day there was no meat. Would I go back, yes, the location alone makes it worth the stay. I also had reserved a double but ended up not needing it, told the guy I would take a king if he had it. He said he had a queen for an additional charge...so I kept what I had, why would I pay more for one night stay, seems would have been easier for the cleaning people to clean up a room with one bed but guess not.. fine with me... I also need for housekeeping to check for hair all over the bathroom, there is a blow dryer in there so hair could be anywhere, I need that checked a little better.

1 Thank TNChic615
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights after planning a last minute trip. We were in room 208 - two double beds with a balcony over the creek. The room was a bit tight for four (2 adults, 19 year old, 14 year old), but we knew we weren't going to be in there much. The location is perfect and you can walk to most everything. The room had a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom was good sized and clean. There was a bit of street noise on the creek side, but it wasn't bad at all.

Wifi worked great while we were there. The hot tub was awesome after a day of hiking. Breakfast was your typical fare - donuts, muffins, fruit, sausage, scrambled eggs or omelets, potatoes. The lady who worked the breakfast did a great job keeping everything full and fairly fresh.

All the staff we dealt with were friendly and efficient from check in to check out. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rockingham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Room was clean but the beds (mattresses) are worn out extremely bouncy and no support. They didn't have two queen beds available, so we ended up with a queen and queen sofa pull-out. The covers for the sofa pull-out were nasty and sticky. We called and requested to have the same covers that were on the bed for the sofa bed for my kids but they just brought us another set of nasty, sticky velt like covers. Could've used more walking space.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here in July of 2014. When I booked the hotel through the Hampton Inn's website, I mentioned in the "Special Requests" section that we were celebrating our 30th anniversary. Even so, it was a nice surprise when we checked in to see a personalized "Happy Anniversary" welcome on the Hampton's sign out front. This stayed there throughout our whole stay. There were also two yummy cupcakes from Gigi's Cupcakes, compliments of the hotel, waiting for us in our room, which was a nice treat, and a pleasant surprise.

I didn't realize that this hotel had outdoor corridors until we got there, and at first I was a bit taken aback...the other Hampton Inns that I've stayed at all had indoor corridors. But I didn't feel unsafe, and parking was convenient.

We stayed in a room with a "creek-side" room with a king-size bed. There was also an overstuffed chair and an ottoman, as well as a fireplace in the corner. A microwave and mini-fridge were also in the room. The bed was comfortable, and there was a variety of pillow types on the bed, as well. The A/C worked well, and kicked on an off depending on what temperature it was set on. There were even extra electrical outlets built into the lamp bases next to each side of the bed, for phone chargers, etc. The only inconvenience that we noticed is that the space between the end of the bed and the desk is cramped. If someone is sitting at the desk, there is very little room for someone else to moved from the sitting area, past the bed and desk to the bathroom. Considering this is the major traffic way through the room, that was a bit of a pain.

The room had a small balcony that overlooked the creek that runs alongside the hotel. There were a couple of chairs on the balcony, and it was a nice place to sit and enjoy some fresh air and do a little people-watching.

The complimentary breakfast was dependable Hampton-Inn fare. There were scrambled eggs every morning, along with some type of sausage, and biscuits/gravy or breakfast potatoes. There were also "self-service waffles" which were very good. In addition, there were hot or cold cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, doughnuts and other breakfast breads, and more that I am probably forgetting. It's not gourmet, but you'll never go hungry, and it's convenient.

This hotel's location is one of the reasons I'm really glad we stayed here. It is at the south end of Gatlinburg, not very far from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Especially on summer weekends, the traffic from Sevierville, to Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg is bumper to bumper. And in Gatlinburg in particular, pedestrians are everywhere. By staying here, we did not have to contend with the traffic getting to and from the park.

There are numerous restaurants all within an easy walk from the hotel. We ate at the Cherokee Grill the first night we were there, which was just across the street, and at TGI Fridays another night, and it was on the same side of the street as the hotel, just a couple doors down. There is not shortage of good food close by, and thanks to the free wi-fi, you can look up the menus of most of the restaurants online and see what's available before you get there.

Our housekeeper, Linda, did a great job of keeping the room fresh and clean, and the staff at the front desk were also friendly and courteous. I was pleased with our choice, and would happily recommend this hotel to others staying in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a ground-level room, creek side, because the balconies overlook the creek, instead o...
2 Thank chackmann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

We love Hampton Inn's so that is really the only place we stay if we travel. We plan on coming back and will stay there again. The Hotel is clean, friendly, and really nice.I will be sure to let all my friends know about Hampton Inn for when they go to Gatlinburg

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

After spending a few days in a local cabin, what a relief it was to pull up to the Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg. I don't know what traffic through town is like during other parts of the summer, but in July it is brutal. If for no other reason, pick the Hampton for this one.

We stayed here for our last night in the area and couldn't have made a better choice. This is not your typical Hampton Inn. Rooms are accessed via an outdoor walkway, not an interior corridor. You will get wet during a rain storm. We had a queen/queen room on the second floor. Although the room was a little on the small side, it made up for it with the balcony overlooking the roaring LeConte Creek.

Our room had a mini fridge, microwave and all the other typical Hampton amenities. It was clean and in good condition. We loved the balcony and the ability to spread our family out over more space. One small annoyance for us, was the smoker on another balcony and the smell that came our way.

The hotel is perfectly situated on the Gatlinburg strip. Perfect for ditching the car and walking. Parking in the lot was tight. There is a small parking garage and spaces around the hotel. I wouldn't want to be the last one to check in for the night.

Beware if you are in a room on the bottom floor. We stayed during a storm and water gathered outside the doors and was quite deep in places on that lower walkway. Your feet WILL get wet.

Free wifi was available, but we could only access from the balcony. No in room signal for our ipods/phones. Not sure why, could have been user error.

Breakfast was typical with the pleasant surprise of Krispie Kreme donuts.

Overall, I would choose to stay at this Hampton again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family