“36th Anniversary trip”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was our 36th Anniversary trip to Gatlinburg where we Honeymooned many years ago. The staff congratulated us with our names on the marquee and cupcakes in the room! This Hampton Inn is located within walking distance of all of the popular attractions in Gatlinburg so just park the car and avoid the traffic.

1  Thank Mary L

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable. We were in town to visit a AT thru-hiker. We rec'd added treat of a Santa Parade in front of hotel (which will happen again in 2016, the weekend of St. Patrick's Day). Hotel has a nice terrace from which you can sit and relax and watch the tourists walk by.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I loved the location of this hotel,it was within walking distance to all of the shops and resteraunts. The only problem i had was the bed, the mattress was hard as a rock, and left me and my husband in knots the next day.The breakfast was great and the coffee even better than starbucks.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I reserved a room at the Hampton from my cell phone while we were driving to Gatlinburg. We chose a room with two queen beds, with a balcony and view of the creek. The room was a basic room, but did have a mini refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was all one room, and not split with the sink outside the room like I prefer, but the bathroom and sleeping area were clean so that's what was important really. We did enjoy the balcony with chairs and table overlooking the creek. We did hear quite a bit of road noise though. We like that Hampton puts extra electrical outlets above the nightstand between the beds, great for charging phones and my husband's CPAP machine. The bedside clock did have a broken backlight though, as we could not see the time at night. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well.

The hotel has outside entrances, no indoor corridor and only one elevator. We were on the third floor and chose to use stairs most of the time. They have a large (part of it underground) parking area (free) which is great when staying in Gatlinburg as most parking lots charge $5 - $10 for all day parking. They have a nice lobby with seating area and fireplace, and a nice breakfast area. We enjoyed breakfast there both mornings. They offer a great variety of items including hot foods, and the hot items were different both mornings. I saw scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes with peppers and onions, biscuits and gravy, cheese omelets, sausage patties, hot and cold cereals, bagels and breads for toasting, fresh fruit bowl (pineapple, papaya and grapefruit), apples and bananas, yogurt, make-your-own-waffles, etc. They also had juices, milk and coffee and flavored (hazelnut and vanilla) creamers, which I always appreciate.

There is an outdoor patio with tables and nice wooden rockers just off the breakfast room and we enjoyed sitting out there for a bit one afternoon.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again. They have a variety of room choices, including rooms with fireplaces and hot tubs.

Room Tip: If road noise bothers your sleep ask for the quietest rooms furthest from the roads.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

the noise from the street and nightclub made a good nights rest impossible. The room should have been at a great discount. Even then, I would not recommend staying in the hotel. We reported the problem ater day one and on check out. We suggested better noise insulaton and were thanked for our feedback

1  Thank Linda A
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Linda A,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from traffic and nearby nightlife. Your comments will help us find ways to correct these issues moving forward and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Christie Connatser

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had booked a creek view balcony a month before the trip, but all they had left was parking lot view when I arrived after 6 p.m. (guaranteed with credit card). My profile clearly says near an elevator, and I was placed at the complete opposite end which made it a little creepy coming back alone late at night. The parking was a nightmare but free. On a plus note, the in-room fireplace was nice, although I woke up in the middle of the night and it was still going in spite of setting the 30 minute timer (and it was still on 30!). The property is also conveniently located within walking distance to everything along the Parkway. I would opt to stay in Pigeon Forge the next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2014

If I'm going to Gatlinburg I am staying here. They have great rooms, great staff, the best breakfast and a wonderful location. If I can't stay here I'm not going. If you have a family of four you can save 30-40 dollars just from eating breakfast at the hotel and not having to go out to eat Also, Best Pizza is across the street, its a wonderful place to eat..Be sure to get creek view room so your not looking at parking lot.

Room Tip: Be sure to get creek view!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family