Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$71
EconoLodge
Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
$132
$128
  • Pool
$99
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$194
$159
$129
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$109
Gatlinburg Inn(Gatlinburg)
$139
$116
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
$122
$972
getaroom.com
1,369 results
All reviewsgreat locationcreek view roomcreek sidewithin walking distanceparking lotober gatlinburgroom was cleanthe breakfast areapark entranceconvention centerfree breakfastfirst floorpool and hot tubking roomhot breakfastwould stay here againgas fireplace
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Before providing details, I have to say that the rating I presented is based on comparison to other Hampton Inns that we have stayed in over the years. I can only compare this to the many we have stayed in, and I was only pleased at the check in process. Thank you to Sarah, one of the finest associates I have met in the Hampton chain. I am a gold member with Hilton Honors reward system. It is a wonderful reward program, which I highly recommend. One of the perks of gold membership is the opportunity to book up to a better room, if available. Before we arrived, Sarah had already taken care of this, and I did not need to ask. THAT is excellent customer service.

One of the reasons we chose this Hampton Inn was because on the homepage for this specific location, it stated 2pm checkout for AARP members. Granted, I liked the AARP discount, but I would prefer the 2 pm checkout. It was clearly stated. On the morning of checkout, I went to the desk at 7 am to ask for the extended checkout time. I was denied, as I was told that this location does not offer it. I went back to my room, and after a period of time, and curiosity, went back to ask why it was posted if not honored. Please keep in mind that this was during a winter storm in Gatlinburg, with many inches projected. We needed to stay until 2pm, because we could not check in to our next inn until 3pm. Anyway, when I went back to ask , the clerk told me it was not available at this location. It was the second time I was told that today, yet I was able to pull up the page to show him that this specific location did have 2pm checkout for AARP members. He did not do a thing to fix the problem. We ended up waiting three hours during a winter storm because this location would not honor what was clearly posted on their website. Another negative is the breakfast bar. It was missing items (fresh fruit and potatoes) that other Hampton Inns have. This, of course may just have been the day we were here, so I can't lay blame. Do ask for a room where the toilet does not run every thirty minutes.

On the positive side, aside from Sarah, the location is absolutely perfect. It is in the center of Gatlinburg, right across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg tram, and well established restaurants.

Room Tip: Excellent service from Sarah, poor service from the gentlemen who worked the morning of February 12. Try to get a creek view. It is really worth the small minimal upcharge.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank chippyarm
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that Sarah was able to provide such memorable service during your check-in process. We do try to honor any upgrades for our valued HHonors members as often as we can, and are pleased we were able to do this for you.

Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for the confusion of the late check-out situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. There are specific terms for the late check out listed in the rate details section on the web site. I apologize that the complete details aren't readily available. However, I have posted them below in order to help alleviate the confusion.

We are committed to providing the best possible service for all of our guests, and helping them in any way that we can. We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when you return to the Gatlinburg area.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Christie Connatser

AARP Promotion Terms & Conditions:
AARP MEMBER SAVINGS. INCLUDES 2PM LATE CHECKOUT, UPON AVAILABILITY. MUST BE CURRENT MEMBER, VALID AARP MEMBERSHIP CARD REQUIRED AT CHECK IN. BLACKOUT DATES OR RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. MAXIMUM OF 2 ROOMS ARE BOOKABLE AT THIS RATE.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I had a cabin rented on the mountain in Gatlinburg, due to the snow we couldn't make it up the mountain one night. We stopped at Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg and the staff, Sarah Hill & Victor Potts made sure that we had everything we needed because we didn't even have a change of clothes. They were wonderful! It was the best experience we have ever had in a hotel!! Thank you Sarah and Victor!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed January 28, 2014

100% excellent customer service, clean rooms, great continental breakfast, close to everything, internet worked great!!! Staff was very kind, sweet, helpful, wonderful. Refrigerator and microwave very clean and worked great. Would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Our go to place to stay in Gatlinburg is the Hampton Inn. It has a great location and great staff. Never had a problem and always get a great value. It is an easy walk to the best restaurants and sights. A great walk is to the Sugarlands Visitor's Center through the woods and along the stream.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Hampton Inn is located next door to the Aerial Tramway (giant gondola) which takes you up to the ski resort and amusement park! It's also walking distance to most restaurants and shops. We visited for skiing, so the proximity to the gondola was perfect. The rooms are compact, as shown, with nice bathrooms, dresser drawers and wardrobe storage. We had a microwave and mini fridge for leftovers. A gas fireplace in the corner was perfect for instant ambiance and to warm up the room. Comfy, clean bedding....really, it was everything we needed it to be after spending the days and evenings out and about. We were impressed with the large daily breakfast. There were hot scrambled eggs, sausage and, on one day, biscuits and gravy; coffees, cocoa, teas, juices, cereals, breads, bagels, Krispy Kreme donuts, a toaster, and a waffle maker rounded out the offerings. The lobby area has a fireplace with a nicely decorated and comfortable living area for relaxing with a cup of cocoa or tea upon returning in the evening. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Everything was just right!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms that corner at the elevator must have views toward each other which would not be very scenic. Our view was across the parking lot with mountains in the distance, which was fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple