“Great Location”

Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Ortonville, Michigan
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The manager needs to rethink how and when maintenance is done. Access to elevator on ground floor or pool aera should have been left open while painting the floor or someone provided to help seniors get thier bags up and down the stairs. Also should have had a crew of 5 or 6 people to blow the debris and get it done in an hour or two, instead of one guy blowing all day. Other than that our stay was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This must have been another property once upon a time. Looks like a traditional motel with doors that open to the outside. The lobby looked like a new Hampton Inn. The bathrooms were updated. The beds were not as comfortable as we've come to expect from the Hampton Inn, our favorite hotel chain by far. The comforters were lumpy--just made the beds look bad. Not being laundered properly? Room and bathroom were not as clean as they might have been. We had a room that had a balcony with chairs and a little table that overlooked the creek. It was too cold to leave the door open, but the sound of the running water was wonderful when the door was open. The outdoor pool must be heated. It was quite a draw, for kids at least, who were swimming even when the temperature dipped into the 30's! Great location, since you can walk to everything. It is one huge traffic jam if you are driving. Special kudos to front desk person, Ivan. The first day I saw him, he was doing the breakfast. I said to my companion that I'd never seen a person keep the breakfast stocked and the counters and tables clean like he did. The next day I had questions and Ivan was at the desk. I complimented him on the breakfast and he said he was just filling in. He told us how to avoid the traffic to get back on Rt 81, recommended a pottery place and gave us a card and said to call him if we got lost; that he worked til 3:00. Thanks, Ivan!

Room Tip: The creekside rooms are worth the small increase in price. While I was checking out Gatlinburg hote...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Perfect location for our stay! The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast choices were good and the quality was very good. Great views all around. There was plenty of parking. The pool was well taken care of and the kids loved it. The hotel and the area felt safe. So much to do within a couple steps of the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was an excellent location to everything in Gatlinburg. We could park our car and not have to deal with the horrible traffic at all. Everything was only a few blocks from us. It was convenient and clean. Staff was friendly. Good choice for a family!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Winfield, WV
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent staff and very good hot breakfast. Hotel was clean but older and a little outdated. The view was gorgeous overlooking the Little Pigeon River from your balcony. Location was great as you did not have to go very far into Gatlinburg, which is good because traffic can be terrrible. For price I would recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jasonville
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Disappointing stay! Our beds were too soft and dipped in the middle. The whirlpool tub was facing the wrong way...when the sliding tub doors were opened, we immediately noticed the tub was designed backwards with the faucet at the wrong end! Instead of having a nice soak while watching the TV or Fireplace, we were forced to sit at the opposite end and stare at the wall because the facet was at the wrong end! The fireplaces' pilot light also went out at night and naturally there was no one there to fix the problem until the next day. After check-in, I went to the lobby to ask a couple questions only to hear that the people standing in front of me were being offered the same type rooms I had reserved and they were getting them $50.00 cheaper just walking in off the street. Why even make reservations then!! It seems that I shouldn't have made reservations in advance and just take my chances like these people did...it would have saved me $400.00 for the 2 rooms I reserved for four nights!! Plus, the hot-tub was not running when several other hotels had their outside pools already open. We were offered access to the Garden Hilton hot-tub but it was a long walk so we never used it anyway. Just an overall very disappointing stay this time!! Also had internet connectivity problems too...I could go on and on....Beware.

Room Tip: Test the bed first and then all the appliances. Make sure the fireplace works!
4 Thank BlakeW584
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the pilot light going out and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to improve our property. I have also spoken to our Chief Engineer concerning the mattresses so that he can better determine if we need to order replacements.

While I do not know the details of the conversations concerning rates, or the determining factors on the rates that were being quoted, I assure you that we are committed to ensuring that our guests are given the best rates available for the room types requested no matter how the room is booked.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Christie Jordan
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel was average, but nothing to brag about. It is not as nice as most Hamptoms we have stayed in. The doors are to the outside, so it was noisy. We could not connect to the internet so we called, the desk, but could not get it to work. Alot of the TV channels did not work. The rooms are outdated and small.
It is a great location, so we walked to everything. The front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Additionally, I apologize if you experienced some noise issues that were disruptive for you. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Christie Jordan