“Recommended”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Excellent staff and very good hot breakfast. Hotel was clean but older and a little outdated. The view was gorgeous overlooking the Little Pigeon River from your balcony. Location was great as you did not have to go very far into Gatlinburg, which is good because traffic can be terrrible. For price I would recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Gatlinburg

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Disappointing stay! Our beds were too soft and dipped in the middle. The whirlpool tub was facing the wrong way...when the sliding tub doors were opened, we immediately noticed the tub was designed backwards with the faucet at the wrong end! Instead of having a nice soak while watching the TV or Fireplace, we were forced to sit at the opposite end and stare at the wall because the facet was at the wrong end! The fireplaces' pilot light also went out at night and naturally there was no one there to fix the problem until the next day. After check-in, I went to the lobby to ask a couple questions only to hear that the people standing in front of me were being offered the same type rooms I had reserved and they were getting them $50.00 cheaper just walking in off the street. Why even make reservations then!! It seems that I shouldn't have made reservations in advance and just take my chances like these people did...it would have saved me $400.00 for the 2 rooms I reserved for four nights!! Plus, the hot-tub was not running when several other hotels had their outside pools already open. We were offered access to the Garden Hilton hot-tub but it was a long walk so we never used it anyway. Just an overall very disappointing stay this time!! Also had internet connectivity problems too...I could go on and on....Beware.

Room Tip: Test the bed first and then all the appliances. Make sure the fireplace works!
4  Thank BlakeW584
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the pilot light going out and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to improve our property. I have also spoken to our Chief Engineer concerning the mattresses so that he can better determine if we need to order replacements.

While I do not know the details of the conversations concerning rates, or the determining factors on the rates that were being quoted, I assure you that we are committed to ensuring that our guests are given the best rates available for the room types requested no matter how the room is booked.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel was average, but nothing to brag about. It is not as nice as most Hamptoms we have stayed in. The doors are to the outside, so it was noisy. We could not connect to the internet so we called, the desk, but could not get it to work. Alot of the TV channels did not work. The rooms are outdated and small.
It is a great location, so we walked to everything. The front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way regarding our internet connection at our hotel. I do empathize with your situation and assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our guests’ satisfaction. We are currently looking at different options to increase the speed of our Wi-Fi connection. We strive to competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. With this in mind, I assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Additionally, I apologize if you experienced some noise issues that were disruptive for you. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great location right downtown and next door to Ober Gatlinburg tram, double-bed room overlooked creek and the sound made for a good nights sleep. Very helpful staff and free breakfast was one of the best. Several restaurants and brewery within walking distance for anyone.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the creek-side view and sounds.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The location and the views are great (depending on which room you get), but for an older Hampton, the price should be less expensive. But if you don't mind the price, the location is nearly perfect. It's just a hop, skip and jump from everything on the Parkway. No need to drive and pay for parking.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed in other Hampton Inns in other states, so I expected much more than what I got here. We stayed in a creekside room with a fireplace and private balcony with a king size bed, refrigerator and microwave. The door to the balcony wasn't a glass patio door like I expected, but a steel door. No view of the creek unless you are actually standing on the balcony or at the one window in the room. You had to actually slam that door shut with all your might to get the door to latch. We worried other guests were going to complain about our doors slamming, but had no choice. Also, no internet connection available the night we stayed. Not sure if that was the hotel's or the internet provider's fault, but still not what I expected. They refunded my entire stay for me when I complained at the front desk the next morning, so that was good. But I think I'll look into other places the next time we spend the night in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather C
HamptonInnGatlinburg, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business, and do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could send us pictures and/or a link to the patio doors in question as we do not have glass patio doors in any of our rooms. We would like to correct this misinformation as soon as possible.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We came up for a visit and rented a cabin but decided to come up a day early so instead of paying more for the cabin,decided to stay here. We should have never left! The cabin was horrible but our room was wonderful. We fell asleep listening to the brook. The only thing we had a problem with was the top comforter it kept sliding off the bed because it was so heavy I assume. We will be back and stay the entire time here on our next trip up! Also the check-in clerk was very nice. He was very helpful.

Room Tip: stay in a brookside room!
2  Thank momtoANA