“Very friendly and helpful staff in a beautiful mountain setting!”

Hampton Inn Gatlinburg
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tennessee
“Very friendly and helpful staff in a beautiful mountain setting!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel is located at the National Park end of Gatlinburg, and within walking distance to most attractions and restaurants. Everyone on staff, from the front desk, to housekeeping and maintenance was so friendly and helpful. They are outstanding! The renovations are going to be nice when completed. In the meantime, be ready for some minor construction inconveniences. We stayed in a newly renovated room that was very nice and comfortable. It interestingly had no pictures on the wall, and the gas fireplace made a noise when it was turned off, but overall the room was nice, with a newlarge flat screen tv and a very comfortable bed. Opt for the creekside rooms when they are available again. It will be worth any price diferential. A great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MTNMAN56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here before and sooooo glad they are doing a mjor renovation! In fact I got one of the newly renovated rooms and as nice as any higher end H.I. property...however, I wasn't prepared for the lack of parking or amount of construciton equipment or debris around. Would have still stayed...but would have been prepared!

Room Tip: This property always books up fast - especially on the weekends. Make reservations at least 10 days...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KVO1234
Reviewed March 7, 2012

They are currently working on the hotel so there are workers and equipment all around, but our room was nice and quiet. The fireplace was a nice touch!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Travelgirlslife
tn
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is an old hotel and all rooms are outside unlike modern Hampton inn. Room was small and bed not comfortable. Very limited offerings for breakfast. Construction going on makes difficult to get in & out. Price was high compared to other HI stayed in recently that were newer facilities. Not good value for $ spent!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank pinhyn2
Vevay, Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I always try to stay loyal to Hamptons. This property is older. During our visit, it was undergoing a remodel. I will definitely check it out when completed. Rooms are small, furniture & wall coverings showing a little wear & tear, but the room was very clean, smelled good.The bedding, linens are all of Hampton Inn quality I have come to expect. The breakfast area was bright, welcoming, with a fire-place & usual breakfast foods. Coffee & hot chocolate in lobby @ all hours were so welcome due to cold temps outside. Great location for walking around town. Staff could not have been nicer. Balcony over creek was nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane J
Crab Orchard
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I like to write happy reviews, aand I LOVE Hampton inns, but I just cannot say very much about this Hampton Inn.
The goods:
The location IS wonderful! The staff was friendly, the bathrooms were clean. I loved the balcony above the river of my room, I love that it had a fireplace.
The not so goods:
I booked my room via phone, because I was travelling, and though I had never been to this location, I know (or thought I knew) Hampton Inn is always a safe bet. The hotel is under construction, I realize I am there off season, and they have to do the work some time, but I was beat, and had they told me when I inquired about the room, that they were working on the room, I would not have stayed there. They started the work early, and of course it was loud and woke me up. I did not get to drive all day and sleep in as I had planned. That made for a bad day.
The fireplace did not work, I called the front desk, they sent a man up to fix it. It was very nice, unitl I turned it off when I left the room to eat, and it would not come back on. I wasn't going to mess with it, I can get mean when I am tired, and the desk people were so nice, I did not want to be mean to them.
The breakfast was medicore.No meat, no cinnamon rolls. The omlette was burnt, the toast did not fit in the toaster. I was not impressed.
I passed 30 hotels with the same amineties, and cheaper priced to get to the Hampton Inn. I am thinking that I cannot just trust the name Hampton to mean great anymore. That really complicates my life, and makes me sad.

Room Tip: Hmm. Don't stay until renovations have been complete.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Melissa W
Cedar Point, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights after Christmas. We stayed in room 101 which is the Creek-view King room with a Jacuzzi and Fireplace. The room was in good overall condition and we had no problems. The carpet looked a bit old, but they will be updating everything this year according to a notice we saw. The TV was a flat-screen, but the picture wasn't very crisp.

The fireplaces are a bit disappointing since the are encased in glass and put off very little heat.

The housekeeping was great. Very clean and usually very early except one day when they were obviously having a big turnover, not problem for us.

The Location can not be beat! We love being able to walk right onto the Parkway near the best places to eat.

The only thing I would have liked better was if other guests wouldn't be allowed to smoke on their balconies. I didn't like smelling smoke in a non-smoking facility.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple