Old Creek Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
River Edge Motor Lodge(Gatlinburg)
Chalet Inn(Gatlinburg)
Good 3.5/5
Quality Inn(Gatlinburg)
  • Pool
Riverhouse Motels(Gatlinburg)
Reagan Resorts Inn(Gatlinburg)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfairfield inngas fireplaceroom was cleantile showerhardwood floorsthe main dragober gatlinburg tramwithin walking distancecovered parkingprivate balconyrushing watergreat place to stayfree breakfastrooms are largedefinitely stay here againgreat roombiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel twice, and this more recent time, for 2 nights. Originally it was confusing for the driver driving us into Gatlinburg via Pigeon Forge because there is a newer Fairfield with a fancy water-playscape in the front. This particular hotel is located past that nearly on the other side of Gatlinburg on River Rd. However, this location is better than the other because it is walking distance to the touristy attractions along the main street. It is also close to some good restaurants. Also, if you want to head into the Smokey Mountain National Park, you don't have to drive through the pedestrian-heavy town to get there.

Be aware that parking may be a problem. We went during (of all things) a Santa convention around St. Patrick's Day, and there were masses of Santas staying at our hotel and good parking was hard to find in the hotel's lot.

Now on to the room:
The room was spacious and pretty standard. We thought it was funny that we had a 2 double bed room which had both a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. Each room has a balcony with chairs over the river for those who wish to enjoy the running water on waking up. The room was clean. The internet was complimentary.

Service:
There was always coffee in the lobby. However, the breakfast was lacking. They were out of microwavable breakfast sandwhiches one day and the next day, when they got them, neither us nor a family near us were enjoying them. There was advertising of fresh fruit in the morning, which there was none offered during our stay. You're honestly better off walking over to the BBQ place next door which serves a good breakfast, or to the Flapjack's a few blocks away.

All in all, this is a great location for Gatlinburg and a good value.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Rheavon
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn, on our honeymoon. It was very quiet, and the view was wonderful. If we were to ever visit again we would be sure and stay there. The hot tub/jacuzzi and the fireplace was so romantic. It was nice just to relax. It was within great walking distance of the Main Shopping Strip in Gatlinburg, and Great driving distance from Pigeon Forge. We loved it!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2009

If you like being near downtown Gatlinburg this is a safe pick for a hotel (I do not like it downtown but my teenage sons do)
I believe it is an older property but it appears as if it has been well maintained. Our room was very large (my 2 teenage sons called it a party room) and the balcony overlooked a stream. There was a nice gas fireplace and hot-tub in the room. The outside pool was closed, however it was very small
The breakfast buffet was average--not as nice as last Fairfield Inn we stayed at.
The "night" front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.
While not spectacular, this hotel is a safe bet in a town where the quality of hotels can vary greatly.. The weekly rate was good but I thought that the weekend rate was a lttle pricey ($139.00 for Friday night).

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2009

#9 in popularity? Man! I'd hate to be forced to stay in one of the top 8! There's nothing really wrong with this hotel, it is just such a far cry from the other Fairfields I've stayed in that I felt very cheated. It's fairly new, which is good, and very clean and nicely decorated. The parking is very inadequate. Gatlinburg seems to have no street parking at all, so if the hotel lot is filled (which it was, even though it was off-season) you are just out of luck. The clerk suggested that I just use a handicapped slot! I was astonished at the suggestion, but it wouldn't have done me any good, even if I had chosen to be so dishonest, since they were also filled. The river-view balconies were a surprise - the river is a 3' wide waterway that even here in the water-starved West we wouldn't call more than a 'stream'. Immediately on the other side of the 'river' were more hotel rooms, so that it had a very urban feel of looking into your neighbors' windows. There were exterior hallways, 3 total chairs in the 'lobby', minimal breakfast, no closet - just a metal rod in the bathroom area, etc. I assumed that there would be kitchen facilities in the room, although I have to admit that when I double-checked the listing this hotel is listed as a "Fairfield Inn" rather than "Fairfield Inn and Suites". I hadn't realized there was a distinction. In any case, a dorm-sized fridge sitting on the floor under the closet pole does not a suite make. The rest of the room lacked in 'suite' amenities as well; no table, 1 easy chair, 1 padded bench. Not even a suitcase stand. If you had a party of 4, as the room was designed for, it would be pretty uncomfortable. Overall, it you can get this hotel for a motel 6 price, you'll be quite happy, because that is the kind of accommodations you'll be getting. If you are foolish enough to pay Marriott prices you'll be bitterly disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank SLCmomma
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Ok. I never write reviews, but I had to after staying here. Gatlinburg is an older town. Therefore, it was hard to find a hotel that was nicely updated. While planning my trip to Gatlinburg, I relied on reviews. And this hotel was the only hotel that had really good reviews. And they are all correct. This hotel was great. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I loved the view of the creek. Lets not forget the fireplace and jacuzzi was a nice added touch. The continental breakfast is perfect. Its continental but it was enough. The only downside is that the batheroom is a bit small but that's the only thing. The hotel is in a great location. It's one block over from the main strip and across the street from the Tramway. The 12:00pm checkout is great too. Also, you have to eat at Benett's Barbeque restaurant across the street. The food is so good. I am a skeptic and hard to please. But I was very please with my stay. So please, I actually wrote a review.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple