“Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Wickliffe, Kentucky
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn, on our honeymoon. It was very quiet, and the view was wonderful. If we were to ever visit again we would be sure and stay there. The hot tub/jacuzzi and the fireplace was so romantic. It was nice just to relax. It was within great walking distance of the Main Shopping Strip in Gatlinburg, and Great driving distance from Pigeon Forge. We loved it!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed April 6, 2009

If you like being near downtown Gatlinburg this is a safe pick for a hotel (I do not like it downtown but my teenage sons do)
I believe it is an older property but it appears as if it has been well maintained. Our room was very large (my 2 teenage sons called it a party room) and the balcony overlooked a stream. There was a nice gas fireplace and hot-tub in the room. The outside pool was closed, however it was very small
The breakfast buffet was average--not as nice as last Fairfield Inn we stayed at.
The "night" front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.
While not spectacular, this hotel is a safe bet in a town where the quality of hotels can vary greatly.. The weekly rate was good but I thought that the weekend rate was a lttle pricey ($139.00 for Friday night).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Utah
Reviewed March 21, 2009

#9 in popularity? Man! I'd hate to be forced to stay in one of the top 8! There's nothing really wrong with this hotel, it is just such a far cry from the other Fairfields I've stayed in that I felt very cheated. It's fairly new, which is good, and very clean and nicely decorated. The parking is very inadequate. Gatlinburg seems to have no street parking at all, so if the hotel lot is filled (which it was, even though it was off-season) you are just out of luck. The clerk suggested that I just use a handicapped slot! I was astonished at the suggestion, but it wouldn't have done me any good, even if I had chosen to be so dishonest, since they were also filled. The river-view balconies were a surprise - the river is a 3' wide waterway that even here in the water-starved West we wouldn't call more than a 'stream'. Immediately on the other side of the 'river' were more hotel rooms, so that it had a very urban feel of looking into your neighbors' windows. There were exterior hallways, 3 total chairs in the 'lobby', minimal breakfast, no closet - just a metal rod in the bathroom area, etc. I assumed that there would be kitchen facilities in the room, although I have to admit that when I double-checked the listing this hotel is listed as a "Fairfield Inn" rather than "Fairfield Inn and Suites". I hadn't realized there was a distinction. In any case, a dorm-sized fridge sitting on the floor under the closet pole does not a suite make. The rest of the room lacked in 'suite' amenities as well; no table, 1 easy chair, 1 padded bench. Not even a suitcase stand. If you had a party of 4, as the room was designed for, it would be pretty uncomfortable. Overall, it you can get this hotel for a motel 6 price, you'll be quite happy, because that is the kind of accommodations you'll be getting. If you are foolish enough to pay Marriott prices you'll be bitterly disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank SLCmomma
tarpon springs, florida
Reviewed February 25, 2009

Ok. I never write reviews, but I had to after staying here. Gatlinburg is an older town. Therefore, it was hard to find a hotel that was nicely updated. While planning my trip to Gatlinburg, I relied on reviews. And this hotel was the only hotel that had really good reviews. And they are all correct. This hotel was great. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I loved the view of the creek. Lets not forget the fireplace and jacuzzi was a nice added touch. The continental breakfast is perfect. Its continental but it was enough. The only downside is that the batheroom is a bit small but that's the only thing. The hotel is in a great location. It's one block over from the main strip and across the street from the Tramway. The 12:00pm checkout is great too. Also, you have to eat at Benett's Barbeque restaurant across the street. The food is so good. I am a skeptic and hard to please. But I was very please with my stay. So please, I actually wrote a review.

1 Thank zela77
Lenoir, NC
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This is the first time my husband and I stayed in Gatlinburg. I done lots of research before chosing a place to stay. I loved the location of this hotel and it didn't dissapoint. You are right at Ober Gatlinburg and if you stay on the side we did you can see the cars going by. Also the sound of the water is very relaxing. Every room has a balcony so you can just sit there and listen to it and watch the sunset. Your not on the main strip but are close enough to walk to everything. We loved it and will be back.

Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed February 19, 2009

This was our third stay at the Fairfield Downtown. My wife and I like it because it is cheap, clean, convenient, and quite. The rooms all have natural gas fireplaces, which add a nice touch and the rooms are much larger than the average. The breakfast is the only downside. I consider it below standard compared to other Fairfields. The hotel is behind the Ober Gatlinburg Tram and everything is in easy walking distance. The hotel is one block away from the parkway. Check in and check out was quick. We were there 2/15-2/17. The first night, the hotel must have been booked because parking was somewhat hard to come by. I suggest you go during the week when the hotel is cheap and Gatlinburg is not so busy.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TNstrouds
Clinton, SC
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I have a new favorite hotel in Gatlinburg. We go to Gatlinburg 2-3 times per year and it is our favorite litte getaway. We've never stayed at the same place twice, but we will definitely be returning to Fairfield Inn Downtown. The location is perfect, right in the middle of things, within walking distance to everything. We stayed in room 308, an executive suite. It was a large, comfy suite with fireplace, king bed, jacuzzi tub and sitting area. We loved the balcony overlooking the river and the privacy and location of room 308. The continental breakfast was good and saved us from eating breakfast out. The front desk clerk even called up to our room shortly after check in to be sure everything was ok with the room. Our only complaint was the bed wasn't the most comfy, but we are spoiled to our Select Comfort at home. If you want a nice, clean room, friendly staff, and convenient location, give this hotel a try, you'll come back!