“Just by looking at the individual ratings...”
Review of Old Creek Lodge

Old Creek Lodge
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Columbia, South Carolina
“Just by looking at the individual ratings...”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This lodge is in a GREAT location, with nice and clean rooms, very well furnished, and amazing staff, but let me tell you why I won't be coming back...

The beds. I'm only 24 years old and MY back was killing me and I woke up multiple times throughout the night. Ruining sleep on a vacation will ruin the mood for the beginning of the day. My partner is 40 with a bad disc in his back and of course this wasn't the best for him. This is the sole reason I will not be coming back.

The spa was so-so, very loud if someone is using it on the room above you (with the attempted "jets", which pump next to no air) but no biggy really as long as they aren't doing it at 4 a.m.

The building seemed to make "settling noises" a lot due to rapid temperature changes, loud popping/cracking within the ceilings and walls. I was able to sleep thru it but during the day it was quite noticeable.

Very nice to be able to open the balcony door and hear the creek run by!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nicholas W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We did a impromptu trip to Gatlinburg and found this gem and so glad we did. We were able to park our car in a car port and walk everywhere, this saved the hassle of traffic, paid parking and we were covered from the snow and ice. The room was very clean, very friendly staff and the view was amazing. The price was unbelievable!! This will be our first choice each and every time we visit Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Every room has a view so I don't see how you can go wrong here, I always ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our third stay as we stayed 3 nights the 2nd wk in Feb taking advantage of their stay 2 night 1 free night special..This time around we chose the King Suite which i would compare to a studio apartment. Room was very clean as usual. The lodge is within walking distance. The only thing i wish this motel had was an indoor pool as we usually take our nephew and he likes to swim. We will keep staying here in the future.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our other lodging fell through so we picked this place on a whim. We lucked out big time! The rooms have been recently renovated. They are large and spacious and decorated with a lodge feel. Each room has a gas fireplace with a stacked stone surround. Each suite has a balcony overlooking the river.This hotel is conveniently placed within walking distance of everything in Gatlinburg, and is right across the street from the entrance to Ober's Arial Tram. The continental breakfast contains the standard fare, along with make-your-own belgian waffles. This was a bonus for us as we were travelling with kids and didn't have the added cost of breakfast every day! The only thing keeping me from an excellent review was that the box spring was broken in our bed, but they were so proactive in fixing it that I can't complain. Also, the beds were not the most comfortable I've had overall. Nonetheless, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Had a good experience with our room on the top floor in the center of the hotel. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ocoee, Florida
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased overall with our stay the room was very clean and we enjoyed the fireplace and jacuzzi in the room,very nice walk in showers..my husband and I enjoyed the private balcony over looking the river we will stay again already made our reservations for October!!

Stayed February 2014
Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Overall I thought this was a very nice, well kept hotel. The rooms seemed to be very clean, and comfy and the staff was friendly. We loved the fireplace and the balcony overlooking the creek.

My only complaints would be the fact that the bathroom area was so cold. I'm not sure if the heat just didn't circulate well in the room or what but unless you had the shower running in there you just about froze.

I loved the fact that we had a cute little view of the creek behind the hotel but it did seem to make it a whole lot colder while walking to your room from the car or vice versa. Would make a wonderful summer destination but it was a little chilly for January.

I would definitely stay there again! Just maybe not in the middle of winter during another snow storm.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Great view from private balcony. Very clean and updated. Beds were comfortable. We were very pleased with our stay. Great value too. Only complaints I have is the ice machine is broken and slow check in. We would stay here again. Just might wanna grab a bag of ice first.

Stayed February 2014