“Great Location, Lodge Feel”
Review of Old Creek Lodge

Old Creek Lodge
Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our other lodging fell through so we picked this place on a whim. We lucked out big time! The rooms have been recently renovated. They are large and spacious and decorated with a lodge feel. Each room has a gas fireplace with a stacked stone surround. Each suite has a balcony overlooking the river.This hotel is conveniently placed within walking distance of everything in Gatlinburg, and is right across the street from the entrance to Ober's Arial Tram. The continental breakfast contains the standard fare, along with make-your-own belgian waffles. This was a bonus for us as we were travelling with kids and didn't have the added cost of breakfast every day! The only thing keeping me from an excellent review was that the box spring was broken in our bed, but they were so proactive in fixing it that I can't complain. Also, the beds were not the most comfortable I've had overall. Nonetheless, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Had a good experience with our room on the top floor in the center of the hotel. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Old Creek Lodge

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased overall with our stay the room was very clean and we enjoyed the fireplace and jacuzzi in the room,very nice walk in showers..my husband and I enjoyed the private balcony over looking the river we will stay again already made our reservations for October!!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Overall I thought this was a very nice, well kept hotel. The rooms seemed to be very clean, and comfy and the staff was friendly. We loved the fireplace and the balcony overlooking the creek.

My only complaints would be the fact that the bathroom area was so cold. I'm not sure if the heat just didn't circulate well in the room or what but unless you had the shower running in there you just about froze.

I loved the fact that we had a cute little view of the creek behind the hotel but it did seem to make it a whole lot colder while walking to your room from the car or vice versa. Would make a wonderful summer destination but it was a little chilly for January.

I would definitely stay there again! Just maybe not in the middle of winter during another snow storm.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Great view from private balcony. Very clean and updated. Beds were comfortable. We were very pleased with our stay. Great value too. Only complaints I have is the ice machine is broken and slow check in. We would stay here again. Just might wanna grab a bag of ice first.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Nice place will stay again beds great very clean nice showers lovely view over creek back on river rd away from traffic but close enough to walk to everything but no ice , machines froze up linens outstanding TV great room lay out very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed as part of the winter discount package (stay two nights, get one free). The staff greeted us friendly each time we entered the lobby. The free cookies and cider at night were great given the cold weather. Very walkable to the downtown strip. Our room was very clean upon check-in. We did not request housekeeping while we were there, but staff stopped by every day to ask if we needed anything. The light in our bathroom went out the first night and had to remind the front desk to fix it so we could shower, but they took care of it. Covered parking was nice, especially in the winter. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast...loved the waffle maker! The beds were a little firmer than I am used to, so I didn't have the most comfortable sleep, but that's due to personal preference. The jacuzzi and fireplace were a great addition..we used both every night to warm up from walking around the strip in the January freeze. Overall, a great, affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor to avoid excess noise from other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was brilliant in all aspects.. Coming from a hotel owner, the sheets were clean, the bed didn't smell, the carpet was vacuumed, and the towels were spotless. No hairs in the bathroom, etc.
I was so pleased with the room that I stayed 3 nights with no extra service at all.
The fireplace ran great!
There was a creek that looked beautiful the first two nights before turning into a raging river the third night (due to rains). Night Auditor Ben was helpful and seemed like a nice guy. Overall, the hotel was great.
I do have a small complaint though: the beds were quite noisy! I could barely get out of the bed before my mom woke up on the other.
Quick tip: I was in 215, which is a conjoining room. It was empty for two nights, but was rented the third night. It got quite noisy at night, so I recommend you get a non-conjoining room if possible.
Total rating is about 4.2/5