“Great views, great location”
Review of Old Creek Lodge

Old Creek Lodge
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our extended family vacation in Gatlinburg was even better with our stay at the Old Creek Lodge. They happily accommodated our multi-room location requests and the rooms were great. Our balcony overlooking the river was a favorite place of mine. And the hotel's location was perfect for our sight-seeing trips around the main drag of Gatlinburg. We were walking everywhere due to the limited parking in downtown and it was very easy. The only caveat was the breakfast provided. The food seemed adequate but there were only 2 tables with 2 chairs each and a short bar against a wall - enough room for maybe 8 people total and there were 7 in our party so we were unable to take advantage of the breakfast offered.

Room Tip: Every room has a river view but the best river views are on the long side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GinnyLinton

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Came in from Alabama for labor Day weekend. Was very nice and clean. Everything was the modern country look. Right behind Ober so was easy to walk everywhere. We are very picky and we were not disappointed. Private balcony over looking the mountain stream. Breakfest area was rather small but very clean and cozy. Food was great, I recommend the gravy biscuts. We will be coming back to this place for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to lobby has better views. 204 for us.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The frig in the room we rented was not cooling properly. We called the front desk and they sent someone right away to check the frig - they agreed that it was not cold enough. They gave us another room which was an upgrade - it had a Jacuzzi! We had a view of the river (which most of the rooms have) and was able to see a heron fishing for his breakfast! The walk-in tiled shower (again in most of the rooms) was wonderful. They also provide a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Call ahead because they are booked well in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I went on our honeymoon recently. We started out in a cabin/chalet, but were very disappointed with it so we decided to try a hotel for our last 4 days of the honeymoon. Old Creek Lodge stood out to us since it was within walking distance of the downtown strip and was next door to two restaurants we wanted to try. We decided to take the King Spa Suite room and I'm glad to say we both enjoyed this room and hotel a great deal. The room itself was cozy and had pretty much everything we needed including two flat screen televisions, a loveseat, a very comfortable large chair with ottoman and a comfortable bed. We enjoyed looking at the wood/log based furniture as well. I think it was as close to being at home as possible. The staff was courteous and even let us check in early when we told them about the horrible experience with the chalet. If there was any complaint at all it would be specific to the King Spa Suite room itself. The ice machine was directly outside our door so we did hear a lot of random chatter then ice dropping into a bucket, but it wasn't that bad. We only had the free breakfast once and it was good, Belgian waffle. The other bonus for us was that we wanted to eat at Bennett's BBQ and Big Daddy's Pizzeria, both are right next to Old Creek Lodge, so that made the hotel even better for us. We only had to drive once (to Davy Crockett mini-golf), so we saved money on gas too. Everything else we wanted to do was within walking distance. This will be a go to hotel for us when we plan on anything in Gatlinburg in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and i decited at the last minute to go to Gatlinburg for two nights. We did not have reservations anywhere and we pulled into the Bearskin Lodge which was booked but however sent us down the street to their sister property which is Oldcreek Lodge..Perfect location as its on River rd which is the street behind the main strip so its away from the noise but close enough within walking distance. We got a room with a hot tub and had a private balcony overlooking the stream. None of their rooms face the street however..The stay was so peaceful. The staff was friendly. Being we just stayed two nights we kept our do not desturn sign on the door and we were never bothered..Breakfast was decent and in the late afternoons they sit out cookies for the guests. Rooms were very clean. This used to be the Fairfield Inn as two yrs ago it was remodled over to the old creek lodge. They have 4 floors and we stayed on the 3rd which we liked. All of their rooms have fireplaces which would be nice in the colder months.. Very nice..I will stay there again as a matter of fact we already have made reservations for next month..We cannot wait to go back..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with our 10 year old son this week and left with absolutely no complaints. We stayed on the 4th floor and had a very nice view of the river below and a better than average mountain view. The location on River Rd. is ideal if you want to stay away from the bustle of the Parkway and still be close enough to walk to everything. Service at the front desk was friendly and helpful, and our 2 queen room was larger than expected. Beds are a bit firm but not uncomfortable. Bathroom is small but has a nice updated shower. Would I stay here again? Yes. More importantly though, our son loved it as well.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I will never stay here again. While the hotel itself is very relaxing, comfortable, and enjoyable, the staff at the hotel tried to rip me off for almost $200. I made my reservations about 7 months in advance, and a month later at about 6 months in advance I changed the date that we would be arriving. When we arrived on the new date, we were told that we had been marked as a NO SHOW. They blamed the booking website for not notifying them of the changes. I then showed them a printout confirmation, because this was obviously not my fault and I was not going to pay for the night that we were not there. After seeing the confirmation, they said I would not be charged, and that I had NOT been charged. We went on with our stay, and upon leaving a couple of days later I double checked with another staff at the front desk that my card had not been charged for the night we were not there, and she confirmed that we weren't. My partner and I went on about are day only to find that when we went to eat my debit card was denied at a $75 lunch in Gatlinburg at Bubba Gump's. Quite embarrassing and luckily we had some cash. When I arrived home, I checked my online bank statement to see that Old Creek Lodge did infact charge me for the night that we did not stay. I called them and they still tried to tell me that they didn't charge me. They tried to tell me that the booking company must have charged me and I needed to call them. I had to explain to her that both transactions came from the same place, and that they both came from Old Creek Lodge. So after arguing for about 10 minutes with them, the lady says "let me pull up your account"!??? And then she says yes we did charge you, and it will take about a week for your money to be added back to your card. So how many staff at this point either didn't do their job, or lied about my card being charged for a couple hundred dollars?...about 4 of them. This was embarrassing, ridiculous, and I will never stay there again! They didn't even offer me any kind of gift for having to deal with this situation! If I wouldn't have had enough to cover that withdraw then our dinner would have been unpaid for, I would have had to pay an overdraft fee, and we wouldn't have made it back home! This place costs too much to be employing lazy people who cannot even pull up your account to see if you were charged, and too much for the staff and or company trying to steal your money. As much as I loved the room we stayed in and will miss it, I will never give this place another penny of mine!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple