“Good Renovations!”

Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Savanna, Illinois
“Good Renovations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

They have recently renovated the hotel and everything is SUPER nice! it was weird though one bed was softer than the other (we had a queen room with 2 beds) but the firmer one was great. Good decor too it was very country/homey feeling...there was a soap/lotion dispenser at the sink and a shampoo/body wash dispenser in the shower. The shower was good! I hated how they didn't have a free breakfast BUT it gave us a chance to try the FlapJack Pancake House which is literally walking distance from the hotel. The only negative is they are revamping the pool so it was closed during our visit but I am VERY sure it is being remodeled to be very NICE. The staff/owners were amazing and you don't have to "checkout" just leave your key in the room! Overall a great stay!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We requested a "Quiet" room and the room above us as well as beside us were both empty! I...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank melreid18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I always love to support local owners when I can. This is a gem in the rough. So take the negative reviews with a grain of salt.

The good-beds, decor, staff, location and the remodeled rooms.

The bad wiggly toilet, miss-located shower bar, slow pluming.

This place is not perfect but the get the important stuff right and for the price it's a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rabbitdave
Lehigh Acres, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is perfect for people looking to stay in Gatlinburg on a budget. This is not a Hilton but considering the price it is definitely worth the stay. The prices are incredibly cheap compared to others in the area. The rooms are newly renovated with a modern look and are very clean. Our group had two rooms and both of them had large flat screen T.V's along with a full size refrigerator and a microwave. The hotel is not on the main strip in Gatlinburg and that is actually a good thing. I have stayed in hotels on the strip and had issues finding a place to park. I did not have that problem here. It is less than a minute drive away from it though. I was very impressed and will definitely be going back to there next year.

Note: My only complaint was that the pool was being renovated and was not available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DPyleDriver
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The pool is not in service here but then again we came in late and only needed it to sleep. Owners were very nice. The room was very nice with new appliances inside and very comfortable beds. Very clean. We put up a do not disturb sign up while we were gone and we were left clean towels in a tied plastic bag by our door. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that there were people that seem to live there maybe that had their laundry hanging outside of our door and up from the balconies each day we were there. I think the owners could have told them to wash and dry at the laundry room so it didn't drip down off of the balconies.

Room Tip: first floor so you don't have to walk up stairs..
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GwenStover
Greenville, Ky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

First of all we used Priceline. We were quoted $200 a night for this low end motel. The lady that booked must of thought this was the going rate. It was falsely advertised as having pool which showed no signs of being opened anyway soon. Second, the jacuzzi looked green and had frogs in it. Like national lampoons vacation pool. Ants were in the tub and friend had them on feet after shower. Toilet was old and rusty. Suite room was cramped. Windows had wooden blinds for curtains. Like the kind in a barn horse stall. Door had a couple of inches above carpet. I complained and handyman came and installed threshold which still had a space large enough for bugs or mice to come in. The bedspread had a dirty spot on it. The motel had been closed for 2 yrs and recently reopened. I was very upset with the rates. This joint was not even worth $75 a night much less $200. Not the chain country inn and suites. Very deceiving. Was going to complain the next day but office closed early next morning. Stay away rip off!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank browngal

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

While on a road trip my boyfriend and I decided to stop in Gatlinburg for the night. When we checked in to the Country Town Inn we were pleasantly surprised with how welcoming the front clerk was! Very friendly and eager to send us in the right direction...and we hadn't even gotten to our room yet! Our room was awesome. Comfy beds, wifi, flat screen TV; definitely newly renovated. Definitely worth the value! I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrea P
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I am actually here as I write this. I originally booked with booking.com, but decided to call them. I got to speak to owner and he was exceptionally friendly as well as everyone that works here. The owner actually give me a better deal than the online booking so I booked with him and cancelled my online reservation. When we got here we also asked if we could upgrade to a king with jacuzzi and he did and give us another exceptional rate. He is working hard on renovating all the rooms and it didn't interfere with our stay at all. Oh and last but not least wonderful memory foam beds!!! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014