“spring in the "Smokies"”

Country Town N' Suites
Ranked #65 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had just a couple of days for a quick get-a-way-so nothing was planned. We stayed for a super low price and even cheaper the 2nd night. We were so pleased by the cleanliness and well kept exterior. A bit of a walk up from traffic light #8 but close to great restaurants and night life! Thanks for a very affordable stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cumberlandmanorb
There are newer reviews for Country Town N' Suites

Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stay on this property approximately 4 times a year. All the staff is very pleasant and the breakfast is a bargain! Plan to be there again for the car show this spring.... if not sooner.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank keith f
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The rooms were smelly, smelly and stained blankets, the wall next to the bed was stained very bad. The bathrooms weren't clean enough... You getting what you paying for... Or less. We spent the night, and left early somewhere else, we didn't see the service lady... I don't even think there is one.

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank Canessnake
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We chose Super 8 because it was the cheapest room in Gatlinburg ($45 on a Thursday night). At that rate, I didn't expect much, and I wasn't disappointed. We were literally the ONLY people in the entire motel that night, which was very creepy. Immediately after entering the room we encountered a camel cricket, which hopped all around/over us before going behind the tv where we couldn't reach it. The a/c unit worked well, which was a plus. There didn't seem to be any warm water. Neither of us used the shower, but the sink water was very, very cold. The toilet was clean, but the bedsheets did not appear to be clean at all. The bed was uncomfortable, but we were so tired that we weren't too bothered by it. The light switch right inside the door didn't work. The person working the desk when we checked in was very unfriendly, but the person as we left was quite nice. This hotel could stand to have a few simple improvements to make it bearable. I don't plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hannahconrad
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was completely ready to give this place some slack when they offered a very low $60/night rate on Columbus Day weekend. The first desk clerk we encountered was very nice, if a little backwoodsy. When we walked in the room and noticed they were a little grungy and pretty small, I was still ready to let it slide because we weren't planning on being in the room very much. The rooms need updating but they do have a minifridge, coffee maker, microwave. Later we wanted some drinks for the room but didn't want to drive anywhere, so we walked around to the six vending machines on the property only to find that not one of them worked. The last straw was later that night when we were ready to go to bed and I pulled down the bedspread to discover that the sheets had hair on them--clearly they had not been cleaned before our stay. I don't even know if it's legal re-use sheets in hotels, I thought they had to change them every day even if it was the same guest. I also noticed that the beds hadn't even been made properly, just generally flattened out and covered with the bedspread. I checked the pillowcases (which I'd already been laying on--yuck!) only to find that they also had hair and stains all over them, so I called the desk to ask for clean sheets. It was a different clerk and this woman was so rude, I thought she was going to hang up on me when I asked, very politely, for clean sheets. She snapped at me, "Well, I'll have to go get some so it'll be about 10 minutes!" If it even takes 60 seconds to walk from the office to the laundry room to anywhere in the hotel, I'd be surprised. When she brought them she all but threw them at me, and when i was spreading them on the bed I noticed that THEY WERE DIRTY TOO!!! I was so disgusted I wanted to just sleep in my car, but I was exhausted. I woke up feeling itchy and I wouldn't be surprised if I brought home bedbugs from this shi*thole. We didn't even bother with the shower, just got the heck out in the morning, so I don't know what it was like in there. I wish I would've gone up the road for twenty bucks more and tried my luck somewhere else. Some people are acting like the bad reviews are isolated incidents, but I think it's the other way around. I wish I'd read the reviews beforehand but I learned my lesson.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sam S
Reviewed August 31, 2011

When you pull in, you pull into a big, gaudy, rundown, PINK motel. YUCK! Entering the front office, we were met (not greeted) but a young girl that did not appear like she cared a lick about her job. We did arrive early as we were trying to avoid traffic and Hurricane Irene were we were coming from in MA. We arrive about 1.5 hours early to their check in time of 2PM. I asked the lady if they can possibly rush the preparation of the room since we had been on the road for 15 hours. She scoffed and said no.

When we finally did get into our room, the place was nasty! Our motel door keeps getting jammed and must be SHOVED open. The room is filthy and the bathroom beyond disgusting. Our bathroom door does not close, their are dirt streaks/stains in the tub. There is no water pressure, SPIDERS, and the water is often cold in the shower. The hairdryer does not work. We have a coffee maker, but used the only single packet of sugar & creamer in our room and it has not been refilled since. There is no channel guide in the room and when we asked the clerk for information regarding channels, she was very rude. The doors to our dressers and nightstands are broken and either do not open, or roll open on their own. The luggage rack is busted. Upon crawling into bed, it became obvious that our sheets had not been changed. There is a burn whole in the comforter that lines up exactly right with the burn whole in the under blankets and sheets on the bed. The mattress is horribly uncomfortable.

As for their 'continental breakfast'... It's plainly awful. There are four donuts, four muffins, and four bagels laid out every morning. There are two options for stale cereal and only one option for some really awful, horrid coffee. Nothing else.

The only thing I can mention positive about this place is the pool - it's not deep or big, but is kept well cleaned. The hot tub beside it, however, has been boarded up and is inaccessible.

Overall, it is NOT worth it to book here! Go somewhere else, ANYWHERE else! This place is horrible.

Room Tip: Don't come here!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KaylaW811
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This place was awful, the employees were rude, the rooms filthy. Insects everywhere the continental breakfast was watered down coffee and hard donuts. Burn holes in the blankets, no water pressure in the showers. Old and in need of many upgrades and possibly new owners and staff. However we didn't let the poor conditions at the motel effect our trip. Again NOT worth saving a few dollars to stay here!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple